Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Ammunition & Reloading (
-   -   Good deal on a Hornady manual (

JWagner 05-11-2013 02:53 AM

Good deal on a Hornady manual
I just got a new flyer from Natchez Shooters Supply. It has both the old (8th edition) and the new (9th edition) of the Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading. The old edition is $18.99 and the new is $28.99, so that makes the old one a fairly good deal.

aandabooks 05-11-2013 02:57 AM

I'd have to go look at my 9th edition but there is a fair amount added to the 9th. The $18.99 sounds good as long as you don't need the updated info in the 9th.

Apex-Predator 05-13-2013 10:35 AM

I recently bought Hornady #9 and was very upset with them, they have alot of holes in their data, for example they omitted the 208gr A-max from the 30-06 table which really urked me off because that was one of the key reasons I wanted that manual, they only list 100 year old Mauser pressure data for the 6.5x55 which is a pet peeve of mine, and to top it all off they do not include accuracy loads like Nosler, Sierra, and Lyman do (a very helpful tool.) . I sent them a e-mail about that, love their bullets but HATE their manual, if you just need a good reloading book get the Nosler #7 much better IMHO.