Georgia Arms
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Georgia Arms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Georgia Arms

I just came back from a side trip into Georgia Arms today. They actually have ammo in stock! Prices were higher than I wanted to pay, but the ammo was there for the buying. I picked up a few hundred Gold Dots in 9mm and 45 acp. They may be sold out tomorrow, but it's there now if you want to order it, or better yet can swing by.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-30-2009, 07:01 PM   #2

Liked 1437 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I'm a regular customer of GA. Very happy with their product in all calibers I've shot. .223, .38, 40S&W, 45 ACP and 460 Rowland.

Wish I could 'drop in' but depend on them to deliver my order to the local gun show.

Just curious Rock, what's the sales tax in GA?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 11-30-2009, 08:05 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The state sales tax rate is 6%, but there is often an additional local tax added on by the county that you are in. That is the case here, so the rate is 7%. That local tax is called a SPLOST tax (Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax). The money that a SPLOST tax brings in is suppose to be used to fund a specific thing, like build a school or buy fire trucks. In fact I think the money is just sucked into the black hole of government.
There have been times when I was in GA that they had "seconds" at a discount price. Usually it is 5.56 or 7.62 military reloads that have a "ding" in the shoulder. I didn't look today, I had pistol ammo on my mind. I did get one of the Russian ammo crates that they were giving away. I think they are Russian at least. They are wood, poorly made, nailed together, have low quality metal hardware, and have writing on them that looks like pig latin,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that makes them Russian doesn't it?

Old 11-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #4

Liked 1437 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Rock View Post
The state sales tax rate is 6%, but there is often an additional local tax added on by the county that you are in. That is the case here, so the rate is 7%. That local tax is called a SPLOST tax (Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax). The money that a SPLOST tax brings in is suppose to be used to fund a specific thing, like build a school or buy fire trucks. In fact I think the money is just sucked into the black hole of government.
There have been times when I was in GA that they had "seconds" at a discount price. Usually it is 5.56 or 7.62 military reloads that have a "ding" in the shoulder. I didn't look today, I had pistol ammo on my mind. I did get one of the Russian ammo crates that they were giving away. I think they are Russian at least. They are wood, poorly made, nailed together, have low quality metal hardware, and have writing on them that looks like pig latin,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that makes them Russian doesn't it?
Sh*t Pile LOST tax??? You sure you didn't make that up, or did you read it on those ruski ammo boxes?

G.A. is a long way from here. ~10-11 hours by car. Next trip to Michigan I may return via I75 and just stop in to see what equipment or building they have purchased with my money!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 12-01-2009, 06:17 PM   #5

Liked 26 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Sh*t Pile LOST tax??? You sure you didn't make that up, or did you read it on those ruski ammo boxes?

G.A. is a long way from here. ~10-11 hours by car. Next trip to Michigan I may return via I75 and just stop in to see what equipment or building they have purchased with my money!
If you happen to end up anywhere near Savannah, make sure to drop by my neck of the woods for a cold one and some range time. I've used GA ammo for a long time and it's the only reason I ever go to the gun shows amymore...

Old 12-04-2009, 01:37 AM   #6

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Georgia Arms is sort of handy here. I purchase a lot of powder and primers from them. It is only about a 45 min drive over to Villa Rica.

Newest Threads