Fiocchi JHP "Pistol Shooting Dynamics"
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Fiocchi JHP "Pistol Shooting Dynamics"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 07:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Fiocchi JHP "Pistol Shooting Dynamics"

So, I was at a gunstore the other day and saw some 9mm 115gr Fiocchi JHP's for something like $16/50 rounds. They make an XTP HP and I assumed that was what I grabbed without opening the box... thinking I was getting a good deal on some XTP's. I was wrong.

Apparently they make a JHP load that is not using an XTP also. I should have looked closer because the box says if they are XTP's or not.

That said, does anyone know what this bullet is? I don't recognize it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-26-2011, 09:15 PM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

There are two levels of JHP from Fiocchi. A standard line and a premium line, which uses the XTP. You got the standard stuff.

I believe they are the older HPs, and they can run a little on the hot side. That being said, they should feed for ya just fine. That 9mm Fiocchi Extrema XTP is some excellent ammo, with great velocity, and still a little cheaper.

Good stuff Maynard!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 04-27-2011, 01:46 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
That 9mm Fiocchi Extrema XTP is some excellent ammo, with great velocity, and still a little cheaper.
+1

I use the 124 gr. XTP load in my 9mm pistols a box of 50 costs about the same amount as 25 rounds of the 124 grain Hornady XTP ammo. Also, it is about 50-80 fps faster than the hornady load on my Chrony.

BTW, I also use their 44 Mag 240 XTP load and their .357 158 grain XTP load. I figure it is like buying a 50 round box of Hornady ammo (which they don't sell) at a reduced price. For example, two boxes of the hornady for the 44 is only 40 rounds and cost more than the 50 rounds of the Fiocchi ammo.

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Last edited by mesinge2; 04-27-2011 at 01:49 AM.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:33 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I tried some of the Fiocchi 155gr XTP loads in the .40S&W and was way less than impressed with them. At 7 yards, my groups were about 6" or so. In contrast, using 180gr Blazer Brass loads, my groups were about 1/2 that at the same distance. It could be that my gun doesn't like the lighter weight bullets as much as the heavier ones. It is still fairly new and I am still trying to find the magical weight bullets for it. So far, it seems to group the heavier bullets better than the lighter ones.

I haven't given up on them yet though. I have had decent luck with Fiocchi in other calibers.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #5

Default Total problems with Fiocchi (spelling)

I purchased 500 rounds of Fiocchhi .22 LR. The price looked great, and I have 3 .22s. Fiocchhi would not shoot in my S&W, Remington or Ruger. I've been able to shoot Federal, BVAC, Hornet, and all types of CCI, but Fiocchhi jams every time. Final solution, I give them away to good people at the range. I own several larger handguns and will not buy Fiocchhi because of the bad experience.