Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Finally Setup and Reloading

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Finally Setup and Reloading

The wifey got me the Lee Anniversary Kit for Xmas, and I've finished getting everything else needed to start reloading. Got everything setup today and loaded my first 20 rounds of 6.8mm SPC.

It's not much of a setup, but you use what you've got, and I'll improve my setup as time goes on.

case prep

press and powder

My first 20 rounds...unfortunately I forgot to get a bullet puller. Something I seriously need as my first few rounds were loaded too deep.

“No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.” -Calvin Coolidge

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." -Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Being a fan of Lee stuff (its what i use) the FIRST things your gonna want to upgrade is the scale and measure.

I have found the powder measure never throws a consistent charge. And a digital scale makes life SO much easier.

I have also found the "needs and wants" never end!

Welcome to the reloading world....

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 01-03-2012, 02:02 AM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Being a fan of Lee stuff (its what i use) the FIRST things your gonna want to upgrade is the scale and measure.

I have found the powder measure never throws a consistent charge. And a digital scale makes life SO much easier.

I have also found the "needs and wants" never end!

Welcome to the reloading world....
I agree with fmj, the Lee scales I have are not consistent at all. I can weigh a known object four times and get 3-4 different readings. I don't know about the powder measure, I have one, I'm just not using it. I'm using the Pro-Auto Disk and it seems to be very consistent with my pistol and rifle powders.

I'm not a fan of digital scales for reloading, I prefer the RCBS 5-0-5 scales I'm currently using.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #4

I kind of like that Lee scale. Mine is pretty consistant.
cottontop

Old 01-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #5

Liked 41 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

When reloading pistol ammunition I use the lee disk system because it works well with powders like hp38,bullseye,and tight group. For reloading my rifle cartridges I love my rcbs charge master. As far as my lee scale I've knocked it over so many times that I've lost count and it still works perfect.