Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Excited

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 11:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Default Clinton V Obama ABC Tonight 8-EST 7-Central 4/16

Got a six pack of Bud and chips should be a comedy.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/DemocraticDebate/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-17-2008, 12:33 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I personally could care less what either of them have to say, but your comment was priceless Hank!

Well played sir, well played....

D

Old 04-17-2008, 01:40 AM   #3
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 697 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

All I hear is take from the rich to help out the poor ... Redistribution of wealth? Am I living in the USA still?

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:43 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'll catch the good stuff on Rush tomorrow. No need to waste my time, when I can be wasting it here.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:45 AM   #5
bkt

Liked 1304 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
All I hear is take from the rich to help out the poor ... Redistribution of wealth? Am I living in the USA still?
Of course, comrade!

I don't care what any wanna-be politician has to say. What worries me are the large number of voters who don't see any problems with what they're saying.

Here's a story you have probably seen before, but it's worth telling over and over.

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, and among other liberal ideals, was very much in favor of higher taxes to support more government programs, in other words redistribution of wealth. She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.

One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the need for more government programs. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how she was doing in school.

Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, 'How is your friend Audrey doing?' She replied, 'Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies, and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus; college for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties and lots of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over.'

Her wise father asked his daughter, 'Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA.'

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, 'That's a crazy idea, how would that be fair! I've worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!'

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, 'Welcome to the Republican party.'

Last edited by bkt; 04-17-2008 at 10:54 AM.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:36 PM   #6

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

I'm no supporter of any of the three Presidential Contestants,and it's downright depressing knowing one of the three will be at the helm in the Oval Office soon.

But it was entertaining watching two of them spinning and grinning last night,till my Dog thought it was time to go to bed.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:37 AM   #7

Default Excited

Well tomorrow I pick up my first reloading press. I am getting the Lee Classic 50th anniv kit. So I will be bugging everyone for advise and load data. planning on reloading for 45lc, .270, 30-06 and poss 9mm.

Old 04-19-2008, 12:30 PM   #8

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

"I'll catch the good stuff on Rush tomorrow. No need to waste my time, when I can be wasting it here."

Absolutely!

I don't have enough data, or memory, to put it all in perspective but Rush does. And reading on Real Clear Politics is also good. There is MUCH more truth available after the on-screen postering, distortions and out-right and lying from both the candidates AND the pompous air-head "moderators".

Obama is running with the wrong crowd if he thinks white working people are "bitter" that the Fed. Gov. doesn't do enough wealth redistribution to save us all. There obviously is such a class of people in this country but it isn't the working class, white or otherwise!

Last edited by 1hole; 04-19-2008 at 12:33 PM.