Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Double Tap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Double Tap

How does Double Tap do it? Their listed velocities tend to be much greater than any of the commercial manufacturers and they apparently do it with less pressure. Is it snake oil or do they really know something that no one else does?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-31-2007, 02:47 AM   #2

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

I don't know but I use it in my Glock and it's GREAT stuff. Accurate and powerful! 357 Sig and 40 S&W. Good ammo but a little expensive.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 01-04-2008, 03:56 AM   #3

I used doubletap in ten mill when I had one . Awesome quality. Mike is right there to answer any questions you have.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:38 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I know nothing about Double Tap, but some of the tricks to make your ammo have higher velosity it to use a longer barrel, or you can compair revolver velosities to pistol velosities where the chamber is in the barrel. There are definately some powders that are better matched to the round and they will give you more velosity with less presure than others.

Catfish
Ohio

Old 01-25-2008, 05:22 PM   #5

I would first make sure the you are comparing same weight of bullets. There are a couple makers of self denfence ammo that use super light bullets and put them faster. I have never used their ammo but I have heard good thing. Jovan