Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Do not use reloads in glocks?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #61
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AR10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 1,946
Liked 883 Times on 588 Posts
Likes Given: 224

Default

no..........

__________________
AR10 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #62
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2
Default Bar-Sto barrels

Bar Sto seems to make good quality barrels. I'd like to get my hands on one, and put mics on it, check the metal, etc. Though I imagine It's just 416 SS, RC of 39-43. Which will do the job nicely.

__________________
minniconsioux is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:59 PM   #63
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ricochet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 53
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

if this has already been asked, please forgive me. is the nato brass as bad about bulging in glocks? i'm assuming that the nato brass is slightly thicker like it is in 5.56

__________________
Ricochet is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:17 AM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 8,847
Liked 5203 Times on 2968 Posts
Likes Given: 4434

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
if this has already been asked, please forgive me. is the nato brass as bad about bulging in glocks? i'm assuming that the nato brass is slightly thicker like it is in 5.56
NATO doesn't use the .40

If there is NATO brass available, I've never seen it.
__________________
"We will have peace when the Arabs love their children more than they hate us."

Golda Meier.
locutus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:19 AM   #65
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 8,847
Liked 5203 Times on 2968 Posts
Likes Given: 4434

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniconsioux View Post
Bar Sto seems to make good quality barrels. I'd like to get my hands on one, and put mics on it, check the metal, etc. Though I imagine It's just 416 SS, RC of 39-43. Which will do the job nicely.
I have Bar-Sto barrels in two Glocks. IMHO, a Bar-Sto barrel, fitted at the factory is as good as it gets.

Jarvis barrels are also superb.
__________________
"We will have peace when the Arabs love their children more than they hate us."

Golda Meier.

Last edited by locutus; 03-03-2013 at 02:21 AM.
locutus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:11 AM   #66
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ricochet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 53
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
NATO doesn't use the .40

If there is NATO brass available, I've never seen it.
i was referring to 9mm. i didn't realize that this thread was about .40's...sorry
__________________
Ricochet is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #67
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 8,847
Liked 5203 Times on 2968 Posts
Likes Given: 4434

Default

Ya don't need to worry about unsupported chambers in Glock 9MM,

The 9mm case is tapered, so Glock cuts a standard SAAMI chamber in them

__________________
"We will have peace when the Arabs love their children more than they hate us."

Golda Meier.
locutus is offline  
Ricochet Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #68
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ricochet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 53
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

ok, this has really been bugging me as i am about to start reloading 9mm and .45 and i have a g19 and g21. i got some pistols out this morning to clean them and i paid special attention to this chamber support thing. the 9mm def looks to be supported well and can't imagine how a bulge could happen in my g19. but, the .45 is a diff story! it's not supported as well. i don't shoot lead and don't plan to reload lead so i'll prob leave the g19 alone. i am thinking i might order an aftermarket for my .45 might as well get a threaded one while i'm at it i might post a close up pic of these 2 barrels with a round dropped in them. thanks guys for bringing this to my attention, as i knew nothing about it

__________________
Ricochet is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #69
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 8,847
Liked 5203 Times on 2968 Posts
Likes Given: 4434

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
ok, this has really been bugging me as i am about to start reloading 9mm and .45 and i have a g19 and g21. i got some pistols out this morning to clean them and i paid special attention to this chamber support thing. the 9mm def looks to be supported well and can't imagine how a bulge could happen in my g19. but, the .45 is a diff story! it's not supported as well. i don't shoot lead and don't plan to reload lead so i'll prob leave the g19 alone. i am thinking i might order an aftermarket for my .45 might as well get a threaded one while i'm at it i might post a close up pic of these 2 barrels with a round dropped in them. thanks guys for bringing this to my attention, as i knew nothing about it
The .45 is a low pressure round, so unless you're loading +P you should be okay with the factory barrel. I shoot mostly lead, so I had to switch
__________________
"We will have peace when the Arabs love their children more than they hate us."

Golda Meier.
locutus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
6.8 spc reloads Ozz2g AR-15 Discussion 6 04-17-2012 05:30 PM
.308 reloads phammily Ammunition & Reloading 8 10-24-2011 09:54 AM
.40 S & W Reloads BPHunter Ammunition & Reloading 5 04-07-2011 08:50 PM
Bad reloads? TheSadPanda Ammunition & Reloading 9 04-18-2010 02:21 PM
Bad reloads? TheSadPanda Ammunition & Reloading 3 04-13-2010 04:23 AM