Do not use reloads in glocks? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Do not use reloads in glocks?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 03:46 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DarinCraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,170
Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
FMJ's should run fine, no leading problem there. You should probably get an aftermarket barrel that had better support to minimize the bulge, and then get a bulge buster for processing your ammo. Lone Wolf has barrels for around $100.
thank you sir'
__________________
Quote:
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me
DarinCraft is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:56 AM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DarinCraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,170
Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Here is the advisement at the bottom of a stock replacement barrel...

Quote:
Lone Wolf Distributors will replace any of our barrels or barrel accessories which are found to have manufacturing or material defects. Customer modifications or the use of reloaded ammunition will void this warranty
Does this mean they did not fix the unsupported chamber? Or is this a CYA for someone screws up their reload and KB the LWD barrel?
__________________
Quote:
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me
DarinCraft is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:22 AM   #53
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bear304inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,027
Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft
Here is the advisement at the bottom of a stock replacement barrel...

Does this mean they did not fix the unsupported chamber? Or is this a CYA for someone screws up their reload and KB the LWD barrel?
I've seen that on multiple manuals, I think its more of a blanket disclaimer to protect against lawsuits from improper loading. If unsure I would call them explaining your concerns about the head spacing, see what they say.
__________________
Bear304inc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:19 AM   #54
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 104
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Ok, so this is weird. I started reloading my .40 loads. I selected the rainier flat tip plated bullets. I noticed when I tried to start them using the lee seating die if I had the bullet leaning left at all that the plating wanted to catch the case wall and jam the bullet in. the case scratching the plating off.. I threw those away obviously... Then when I ran them into my lee factory sizing die I was met with a little resistance right when the head of the bullet entered the die.. I shot 25 rounds and they did great but I went to reload a few more and had the same thing.. Thats when I notice the bullets don't appear to be loading totally flat in the case... It's only lopsided by .001 from one side to the next .. Some times .002.. What on earth am I doing wrong? Ive loaded the same loads in other calibers without concern..

__________________
Nickwashere is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:53 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 10,171
Liked 6530 Times on 3642 Posts
Likes Given: 6162

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickwashere View Post
Ok, so this is weird. I started reloading my .40 loads. I selected the rainier flat tip plated bullets. I noticed when I tried to start them using the lee seating die if I had the bullet leaning left at all that the plating wanted to catch the case wall and jam the bullet in. the case scratching the plating off.. I threw those away obviously... Then when I ran them into my lee factory sizing die I was met with a little resistance right when the head of the bullet entered the die.. I shot 25 rounds and they did great but I went to reload a few more and had the same thing.. Thats when I notice the bullets don't appear to be loading totally flat in the case... It's only lopsided by .001 from one side to the next .. Some times .002.. What on earth am I doing wrong? Ive loaded the same loads in other calibers without concern..


You probably aren't belling the case mouth enough. Not all that important with jacketed bullets, but critical with cast lead and plated.

When using the LEE factory Crimp die, you will feel some resistance when the round enters the die.
locutus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:58 AM   #56
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 104
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post

You probably aren't belling the case mouth enough. Not all that important with jacketed bullets, but critical with cast lead and plated.

When using the LEE factory Crimp die, you will feel some resistance when the round enters the die.
That worked, they weren't always completely flat but much better.. Thanks :-)
__________________
Nickwashere is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:08 AM   #57
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
robocop10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin,Texas, by God!!
Posts: 10,316
Liked 2983 Times on 1554 Posts
Likes Given: 275

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
Here is the advisement at the bottom of a stock replacement barrel...


Does this mean they did not fix the unsupported chamber? Or is this a CYA for someone screws up their reload and KB the LWD barrel?
The lawyers have their fingers in everything. Disclaimers for this and that. Read the owners manual for your car. If you left out the wanings, it would be a 10 page booklet.
__________________

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

robocop10mm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #58
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DarinCraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,170
Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Very true. Thanks Robo

__________________
Quote:
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me
DarinCraft is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #59
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2
Default VERY hot 10mm lead loads, do NOT foul MY barrels.

[SIZE="4"]I have been shooting nothing but hand loads in my G20 since new. BUT, I machined my own barrel. I looked at Lone Wolf's barrels, and they don't do much better on case support at bottom of case at end of feed ramp, then Glock. My feed ramp had to suffer JUST a BIT, but, it has unparralled case support. And, I think, a more suitable blend of steel. I use 40,000 CUP, rather than SAAMI's 37,500 CUP as a Maximum Absolute Pressure. My favorite load uses a 200 gr. Hardcast Lead Flat nose, with WW296 powder, Magnum pistol primers, and new brass. Yes, a FEW things, I left out, like Grains of Powder, this was done on purpose, so nobody tries to copy my loads, blows the job and poss. blows themselves into little bitty pieces, LAW SUIT. Actually, Any body that can load well, and has a Weapon in GOOD shape, I don't think would have a problem, but, this INSURES so. Anyway, It pushes the 200 gr. Lead hard cast to 1400 fps. from a 4.6" barrel. THAT is MOVING. approx. 850 ft. lbs. of energy at muzzle. Those, don't even really exceed SAAMI's 37, 500 CUP. BUT, I have gotten pressures a bit over, and some about right on, so, NOT a sharing person will I be! I've pushed the same load to 1500 fps., but, that DOES exceed SAAMI's press. limit. NOT my limit, but theirs. I've got about 500 of the 1500 fps. rounds loaded, and 350 rounds of the 1400 fps loads, I shoot both. I use a 24 Lb. captured recoil spring, and get nice consistent velocities. Being a Professor at a State Univ., gives me access to a LOT of nice test equip. Such as a Copper crush Pressure tester, for chamber pressures. I had to buy the 10mm test barrel, they didn't have one. It makes for the developement of acccurate, safe rounds.Since I almost always use new brass, I get NO smileys, my chamber is also tighter than a Glock chamber. But, My best friend, fires the 1400 fps. loads out of his totally factory Glock constantly. He ENJOYS the recoil, or so he says. But, he COULD be full of it. Oh, not totally factory, I forced him into a recoil spring change. And, I get NO leading even at the very high pressures, velocities and temperatures that I am shooting at. I'm just now, working at working up some 220 gr. loads. But, that will take a LONG time, to get a good safe round I can be comfortable with. TOO many other hobbies to enjoy! And, doing it all with legs missing, well, I know where they went, so I guess they are not missing, just not attached! Life in a chair. Thanks to the Great Asian Vacation. I STILL love the USMC, a 152mm Russian Long gun did my legs, NOT the corps.

__________________
minniconsioux is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #60
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 10,171
Liked 6530 Times on 3642 Posts
Likes Given: 6162

Default

I have Bar-Sto barrels in my G20 and G22.

No more problems. These barrels aren't cheap, but they're precision, match grade.

__________________

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

locutus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
6.8 spc reloads Ozz2g AR-15 Discussion 6 04-17-2012 06:30 PM
.308 reloads phammily Ammunition & Reloading 8 10-24-2011 10:54 AM
.40 S & W Reloads BPHunter Ammunition & Reloading 5 04-07-2011 09:50 PM
Bad reloads? TheSadPanda Ammunition & Reloading 9 04-18-2010 03:21 PM
Bad reloads? TheSadPanda Ammunition & Reloading 3 04-13-2010 05:23 AM