Disrespecting Lee Reloading Gear - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Disrespecting Lee Reloading Gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2010, 05:00 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

There is no denying Dillon's CS dept. I think you could set the thing on fire and send the charred remains back and they will make it like new or it will be new. I've used all kinds of equipment over the years and have had a much better time since I have used a Dillon press.

Old 09-20-2010, 03:15 PM   #62

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

i started this thread defending lee products but they do have a couple of things i'd avoid. at the top of my list is their powder scale...i helped set up a lee turret press kit and saw one up close for the first time; an experienced guy might be able to use it, but i wouldn't stake money...or my safety on it.

in a progressive it'd be dillon or hornady; the loadmaster's priming system and powder measure are too troublesome.

budman

ignorance is its own reward

Old 09-22-2010, 01:59 PM   #63

I teach reloading classes every week - and generally I steer starting students to the Rockchucker. Most everyone starts out on a single stage press (as you should) and even if you upgrade to a progressive, you're still going to keep - and most likely occasionally use - your Rockchucker.

Old 09-22-2010, 04:15 PM   #64

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

my previous post sounded like i didn't care for the original lee turret press...it's okay, but their powder scale gives me the willies!

profile_arms:

good for you with the teaching; i wish folks in this area were interested, but they're hunters who want a deer or turkey every time the gun goes bang.

i like single-stage training, but you can do that even with a dillon 550. my lee classic cast turret concedes nothing to my 'chucker, with features i prefer over the old rcbs (i hate dead primers bouncing out onto the floor). it's also lots less expensive and makes changing calibers...or backing up a step...so much more convenient.
i wouldn't like losing my dillons, or 'chucker, but if i lost it all, i'd replace the lee...

budman

ignorance is ists own reward