Disrespecting Lee Reloading Gear - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading >

Disrespecting Lee Reloading Gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 10:12 PM   #21
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3525 Times on 2022 Posts
Likes Given: 1552

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I had the following and they were all craptastic.

Lee hand primer broke after little use (under 50 rounds) bad casting in the body.

Lee Universal decapping die. Decapping pin broke after about 20 rounds.

Lee universal shell holders. 60% or more of my brass wouldn't fit in the shell holders. NOT THE BRASS the shell holders were machined WRONG.

My brother has a lee classic cast press snapped in half while resizing new 222 rem brass.

Nothing i have ever owned lasted more than about 30 minutes of use. So to me that means they make an inferior product. That is over $50 of stuff with shipping that was worthless and didn't last. I called Lee and they would not make it right so therefor I tell people about my experience.

Use them if you like. I will not.

LEE makes CRAPPY Products.
You just wait til I tell my brother Lee.

Wait, you may be right. He can't even pour a beer correctly.

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-20-2010, 11:02 PM   #22

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

OK let me get this straight. It is ok for you to like Lee and say it is the best ever in reloding equipment and it is the be all end all in reloading equipment.

But I'm an asshat for saying I don't like it and I like RCBS and Dillon. How in the wide wide world of sports is that not the same?

TO the OP pull your head out of your ares then put your big girl panties on and deal with it.

Good lord.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:07 AM   #23

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

This is awesome!

Next!

Tango, the Lee stuff I have is old. None of it newer than 20 years, but it is solid stuff. If you had those experiences, it is understandable you feel the way you do. I would too.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 08-21-2010, 01:56 AM   #24

Liked 1319 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 635

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
OK let me get this straight. It is ok for you to like Lee and say it is the best ever in reloding equipment and it is the be all end all in reloading equipment.

But I'm an asshat for saying I don't like it and I like RCBS and Dillon. How in the wide wide world of sports is that not the same?

TO the OP pull your head out of your ares then put your big girl panties on and deal with it.

Good lord.
Hey now,I really can't see myself wearing pink panties,nor would I want to.

I agree there are some things that Lee makes that ain't that good,but most of the products that I have used over the years have worked fine,and until I wear it out or it breaks,I'll keep on using it.

I don't take your commits personal at all Tango,and I do enjoy reading your opinions that you write,and find them funny sometimes.

And I don't think your an asshat at all.
Oh,I also like Dillon,RCBS,Hornady,Redding,and do have several reloading tools,from most of them.

Old 08-21-2010, 02:06 AM   #25

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3487 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Easy everyone, EASY!

A lot of the time Tango is an asshat - but he is the asshat for the forum. He is the lightening rod and the mouthpiece & the person that will definitely step up and call a Spade that black card from the deck.

But.....

He is loyal to the forum and a lot of the time he is not afraid to say what a lot of people are thinking.

I know Brett behind the scenes and I bet some 50% of his signature line right now is to illicit a response out of you guys and drum up some activity around the forum.

The other 50% is his honest opinion, which he is never afraid to share, regardless of what anyone thinks.

So, let's just keep it civil. Cool?

JD

Old 08-21-2010, 09:33 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I love my RCBS gear. Why? Because it has served me very well for 30+ years and is still going strong.

I love my Dillon machines. Why? Because they have worked well for me for as long as I have owned them (my RL-450B since the mid-80's and my RL-550 for about a year now). BTW, Dillon's warranty and service is fantastic!

I was disappointed with the Lee hand primer tool as I have broken the hand lever on two of them, and then I bought an RCBS hand primer. The RCBS primer tool seems to be bullet proof. I did buy a set of Lee dies for the Jap 6.5 Arisaka. They work fine. I bought Lee dies for the 6.5 Jap (my only non-RCBS dies) because they cost half what RCBS wanted!

I know more than a few people who have Lee equipment and they are perfectly happy with what they have. If they are happy with their reloading gear why would should anyone object to that?

Old 08-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #27

**WHISTLE WHISTLE WHISTLE** Here OP here boy come on **WHISTLE WHISTLE WHISTLE**

Old 08-21-2010, 01:29 PM   #28

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have Lyman,Lee and RCBS equipment all anywhere from 1 to 25 years old I'm still using my Lee hand primer tool I bought over 20 years ago. Only problems I've had with any of my Lee gear was my fault,I snapped off a decapping pin on a berdan primed case I missed and I finally wore out my Lee Lock Stud trimming cases with it. I've been bless that all my reloading equipment has held up and worked so well over the years.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:51 PM   #29

ive kept quite on this post tell now . when ya own Dillon its easy to talk them up. RCBS are also great every time i buy LEE i feel short changed. tango is a asshat but ive grown to "like" him

Old 08-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshfireart View Post
ive kept quite on this post tell now . when ya own Dillon its easy to talk them up. RCBS are also great every time i buy LEE i feel short changed. tango is a asshat but ive grown to "like" him
Oh really....

I got more gun knowledge in my junk that you know all together. So why don't you just watch your mouth. Thank You....