Different Types Of Ammo - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Different Types Of Ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 02:00 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Well I was at a private shooting range with a 1/4 plate of steel hanging on a wire and from about 20 yards the AMT automag lll shot through the steel so fast I thought I was missing. I walked closer to see and it was passing through so fast it was not even swinging on the wire.Maybe at 200yds it would'nt have much left,but at close range it would pass through a house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
someone been telling ya stories. not one bit of that is true. i can gaurantee soon as you pu that exact same round from the automag 3 into an m1 carbine going 600fps faster the same guy that told ya those stories will claim the 30 carbine isnt worth spit and bounces off enemy uniforms...

Old 03-23-2011, 03:44 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5916 Times on 3088 Posts
Likes Given: 415

30carbine in a pistol is a 110grn fmj going about ~1400fps in the carbine rifle its ~2000fps. hitting soft targets is different than shooting plates. you would be surprised just how difficult it is for bullets to pass through soft targets.

the automag3 is about the same power level as a 9mm handgun. its a helluva fun round to shoot due to the enormous fireball and loud boom but its not a magic bullet nor is it a particularly weak one.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...