Which Die set would you chose? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Which Die set would you chose?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 04:41 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

On my 3-Dillon 1050s I use Dillon dies except for the crimp station. There I use the Lee Factory Crimp Die. Even though I trim all rifle cases every time, I still use the Lee Factory Crimp Die. It's sweet!

1) Case length is not a factor. The crimp is the same regardless of length and the amount of crimp is adjustable with your two fingers. No nut to loosen and retighten.

2) You can Not bulge the case by over crimping.

3) I think it's a better crimp than roll or taper.

4) The die post sizes the cartridge which keeps you shooting if the brass varies to the thick size.

5) It's inexpensive but good quality.

On my RCBS Junior I use Lee Carbide for Pistol (lightly lube anyway... Dillons lube is the best) and Lee steel dies for rifle, and yes the Factory Crimp Die always.

Benefactor Life Member NRA, Life Member GOA, Life (Christian) member JPFO, Minuteman

Last edited by Elite Ammo West; 08-21-2008 at 04:49 AM.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:52 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have a JR too-- I love that thing-- I recently mounted my Chucker next to it-- boy it looks small now. I agree with you 100% on the Lee Crimper die-- works great-- I have mine mounted to my Lee press-- and that is all I use that press for.

"Trust in God, but keep your powder dry."
signed,
Joe