Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Deteriorating Gun Powder (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/deteriorating-gun-powder-17122/)

mbl 08-19-2009 08:18 PM

Deteriorating Gun Powder

I recenty heard that Obama was working on special gun powder for us that would deteriorate in a couple of years. Anyone heard this. I also heard from same source that we were to be taxed on firearms that we have regestered, starting this year.

spittinfire 08-19-2009 08:32 PM

Welcome to firearmstalk! Take a moment to introduce yourself in the introduction area.
I've heard rumors of deteriorating powder and primers but I haven't seen anything printed. I personally don't think it will happen, there are TONS of risks involved with this including but not limited to personally injury and property damage.
Can you provide a link to your "source" ??

robocop10mm 08-19-2009 09:06 PM

Scare mongering and urban legends. The lefties allegedly inquired (many years ago) about engineering a "shelf life" into primers. The manufacturers agreed that there is nothing you can do to a primer to make it go bad in 5 years that will not make it go bad in 5 minutes.

As much as the gun grabbers would like to do so, it is not chemically possible.

The Dems seem determined to destroy the economy before disarming the populace.

The right wing conservatives seem determined to build as much fear and hate of Obama that there is a general uprising.

tiberius10721 08-20-2009 06:19 PM

[QUOTE=mbl;147239]I recenty heard that Obama was working on special gun powder for us that would deteriorate in a couple of years. Anyone heard this. I also heard from same source that we were to be taxed on firearms that we have regestered, starting this year.[/QUOT

Any attempt to do something this ridiculous would open the door for all kinds of lawsuits against a ammunition manufacturer. could you imagine your trying to defend yourself and your gun doesnt function because the powder in your rounds has deterioated . worse what if someones gun blows up because of powder failing. I just dont see powder manufactures messing with their powders in this way.

BILLYBOB44 08-20-2009 11:06 PM

Welcome in mbl.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbl (Post 147239)
I recenty heard that Obama was working on special gun powder for us that would deteriorate in a couple of years. Anyone heard this. I also heard from same source that we were to be taxed on firearms that we have regestered, starting this year.

Welcome to the forum mbl. Slide over to the intro section and let all get to know you.;) As far as I heard-they heard-you heard==is just what it is ==Internet BS stories. Our POTUS has been very busy trying to control our lives lately, but this ONE even HE will stay away from.:p:eek::p

1hole 08-23-2009 10:40 PM

"I recenty heard that Obama was working on special gun powder for us that would deteriorate in a couple of years. Anyone heard this."

That remains a harebrained "liberal" dream but it's not possible.

"I also heard from same source that we were to be taxed on firearms that we have regestered, starting this year."

Congress, not the IRS or even the POTUS determines what gets taxed. So far, no such tax has been proposed, much less passed.

Think maybe you need to find a better "source".

fprefect 08-24-2009 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbl (Post 147239)

Can you honestly say, that after giving this subject just a little bit of serious thought, that you believe it's even remotely possible?

For your own sake I sincerely hope not, as if you can be lead to believe something such as this, you could be lead to believe virtually anything and will be "used" by anyone wanting a warm body they can lead around by the nose to help promote their own causes.

Weigh what you KNOW to be the truth against what you believe to be untrue, and with any luck you'll arrive at the correct conclusion in the vast majority of cases. In other words, do you OWN thinking and not let others do your thinking for you. This was one of the most sucessful tactics used by Adolf Hitler and the Nazi party in order gain complete control over a very high percentage of the German people. There were of course other circumstances involved, but it was the basic tactic to gain trust and minds of the German people to the point they would do literally anything they were ask to do, with predictable results.

F. Prefect

1hole 08-27-2009 12:46 AM

MBL, in your defense, such rumors can be believable if for no other reason than it's a clearly established FACT that liberal politicians (spelled D-E-M-O-C....etc.) DO pasionately wish to limit/prevent/destroy our firearms rights with every fiber of their bodies. We can all be sure they WILL focus their attentions on us as soon as they spend the nation into financial oblivion, but it's not our turn on the barrel just yet.

(BO and company are political "liberals"... or not?)

1hole 08-27-2009 12:51 AM

MBL, in your defense, such rumors can be believable if for no other reason than it's a well understood FACT that liberal politicians (spelled D-E-M-O-C....etc.) hold all Federal power now and they DO wish to limit/prevent our firearms rights, with every fiber of their bodies.

We can all be sure they WILL focus their attentions on us as soon as they spend the nation into financial oblivion, but it's not our turn just yet.

(BO and company ARE political "liberals"... or not?)

fprefect 08-27-2009 02:25 AM

Democrats and gun control

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1hole (Post 151303)
MBL, in your defense, such rumors can be believable if for no other reason than it's a well understood FACT that liberal politicians (spelled D-E-M-O-C....etc.) hold all Federal power now and they DO wish to limit/prevent our firearms rights, with every fiber of their bodies.

We can all be sure they WILL focus their attentions on us as soon as they spend the nation into financial oblivion, but it's not our turn just yet.

(BO and company ARE political "liberals"... or not?)

I wish I could come to your defense, but indefensible positions can get pretty darn difficult to defend.

But I can agree with you on one point. Liberal democrats to favor stricter gun control (remember I said control) than do the Republicans. But even if complete firearms abolition was their goal they have some very serious obstacles blocking their path. The National Firearm Act of (1932 I believe) that allows almost any citizen born in this country to own and fire almost any fully automatic weapon or even a surplus Sherman tank and fire live ammunition through it on their own property if they have no history of criminal activity.

And of course there is the 2nd amendment that would I believe require a super majority in 3/4 of all state legislative bodies to repeal and even the dems know their chances for re-election could take a rather severe hit if they just open their mouths regarding this subject in certain states.

But the most formidable obstacle to overcome is purely logistical in nature. Right or wrong, there are more firearms legally owned by citizens, not to mention the number of illegally owned guns to make disarming this country IMPOSSIBLE. If you don't agree with that statement I would be interested in knowing just how you would propose the government could go about accomplishing such an undertaking when there are far more firearms located in the US than there are people.

If you want to lose sleep over the possibility that the citizens of this country are going to willingly "turn in their arms", so to speak, be my guest, but I am very confident in saying that it flat ain't gonna happen, and if it were even ATTEMPTED, we could be looking at Civil War II.

F. Prefect