Dare I say, I think I see light at the end of ammo tunnel - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Dare I say, I think I see light at the end of ammo tunnel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #61
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3149 Times on 2141 Posts
Likes Given: 678

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchramm

In my opinion, that's still too expensive. All that's really doing is worsening the "crisis." Because it shows the seller that people are still willing to pay nearly 50 cents per round for 9mm target ammo, which in turn causes them to continue to sell at that price.

If you were desperate, then I guess it's a good deal? But honestly, unless you shoot competitively, I see no reason for someone to be desperate for 9mm target ammo. Defensive ammo is different. We should always have a bit of that on hand in our chosen calibers.
Agreed, but I'm trying to have enough for a Class later this month. Instructor requires 500 Rds. per student. I have been practicing with about 100-120 .9mm per range trip to prepare. Actually Picked up another 100 today but this time Remington UMC Ball for $42 for 2 50Rd Boxes, plus 150 More .38/.357 for the Wife. By comparison, one local pawn shop is selling ammo at 3 to 4 times the price. I won't even walk through the door. Out of the 5 LGS's in my Area 3 of them are doing their best to keep costs down. The 4th is always a little higher, but is owned by a Local Ret. County cop and does good by his customers, he's just in an expensive spot to have an LGS. The 5th is a price gouger, but has the best selection of guns new and used, without driving 50 miles. Also happy to say That Ruger finally started shipping all their back-logged magazine orders. Mine came this morning. 3 Ea. of new LC9 9 round ext. mags and 3 more SR9 17 rd. Mags...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*