Crono - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Crono

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 02:11 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7663 Times on 4211 Posts
Likes Given: 7376

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjessup View Post
How much do they normally run.
The Oehler was aroun $375, IIRC, probably 25 years ago.

Don't know if they still make them.

The newer model 35P lists for $575 complete.

www.oehler-research.com

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote

Old 03-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #12

Liked 46 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have one of these:

Had it for about 10 years works great - simple and accurate.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #13

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockratt

Thought I was the only one that did stuff like that!!! Years ago I hit mine with a 200 or 240 grain( don't remember which) 44 mag !!! Never replaced it but I have been looking at them again.
It was embarrassing to say the least lol. I was in a hurry trying to beat night fall when I did mine. The worst part was it was the last shot in the string when it happened. I played it off pretty cool in front of the other people at the range, I jumped up off the bench and said "that piece of crap has given me its last false reading" lol.
rockratt Likes This 
Old 03-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1916 Times on 842 Posts
Likes Given: 1440

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrider View Post
It was embarrassing to say the least lol. I was in a hurry trying to beat night fall when I did mine. The worst part was it was the last shot in the string when it happened. I played it off pretty cool in front of the other people at the range, I jumped up off the bench and said "that piece of crap has given me its last false reading" lol.
From passed experience and no better than I shoot sometimes I am waiting on the bullet proof model to come out!!!LOL

Old 03-04-2013, 12:32 AM   #15

Liked 1302 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 626

I've had/used a Chrony brand chronograph for many years,but this is what I'm buying next-

http://www.magnetospeed.com/collections/frontpage/products/magnetospeed-v2-ballistic-chronograph

Old 03-04-2013, 01:09 AM   #16

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I had an Oehler loaned it to a fellow. The SOB moved to California I never saw it again.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:57 AM   #17

Liked 1302 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 626

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
I had an Oehler loaned it to a fellow. The SOB moved to California I never saw it again.
I would've had to take a road trip,and then some batting practice on him when I arrived!
The only good thief is one in critical condition.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #18

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Pact here.......

Its been OK.Not their Proffesional model.It does have the ballistic computer,think their "pro" model has 3 screens?

We had some serious issues using it indoors.Finally got it working utilizing emergency lights.These are those battery power'd lites you see in commercial buildings.They're hard wired in to keep battery's charged....when power goes out ,these come on.

There were problems with the fluorescent lighting we had.....its a "flicker" thing that was confusing the chrono.But that problem was on me,should've asked more questions when buying....duh.Chased my tail a bit but got it figured out.There was one other minor detail with screen cables....Pact did a very respectable job clearing up the hick-ups.

If I was buying one today.....would still look at the Pact,but would look at the Oehler a little more seriously.There was a significant price difference at the time(20+years ago).But would have a real heart to heart talk with both co's.....outlining EXACTLY what was required and then decide based on their discussion/responses......moreso than price.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7663 Times on 4211 Posts
Likes Given: 7376

Whatever you get, make sure the computer unit is separate from the screens, and not in the line of fire.

And get a 3 screen unit.

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote

Newest Threads