Corbon Self-defense Ammo...
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading >

Corbon Self-defense Ammo...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 08:21 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Corbon Self-defense Ammo...

So, I went to Corbon's web site last week and asked for a magazine on their ammo selection. It came in today, that was quick. I'm impressed...

I've seen seen the gelatin tests, velocity #'s, energy #'s, and testimonials, my question is, is Corbon SAFE for MY GUNS? I have a Colt Combat Commander with a Kart Barrel, a S&W 642 J-frame, and a Glock 23. I don't know how these guns will like Corbon's crazy high velocities. I'm sure my S&W and Glock won't...

What do you guys think? Also, JHP, DPX, or POW'R BALL? They all look so good...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-26-2009, 11:05 PM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I've never tried CorBon ammo. I have used Speer GDHP and Federal HydraShok's forever. They don't jam in my semi's and they've been around forever. I just hope they perform as intended if I ever need them! I like to keep my defensive ammo in the same weight class as my practice ammo so POI doesn't change. I believe CorBon achieves their high velocities and devastating expansion in large part by reducing the bullet weight.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 09-28-2009, 03:06 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

So does no one on this forum use Cor-Bon .45 ACP HPs?

Old 09-28-2009, 04:38 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Not for my .45 ACP, but I have fired several boxes of JHP Corbon rounds through my old vintage .44 AutoMag. Corbon was the ONLY source for 44 AutoMag ammo that I could find when I acquired this pistol back in the late 1990's. The Corbon worked fine in that big heavy pistol.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #5

I use Corbon .458 SOCOM 300 grain JHP and .223 55 grain JHP. Great ammo.....a bit pricey though.