cor-bon 380
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading >

cor-bon 380

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 04:47 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6787 Times on 3608 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Default cor-bon 380

gotta go buy new ammo for the 380's. checked my ammo tonite and found 37 out of the 60 rounds of cor-bon hp ammo i bought the bullet was very loose in the case. so much so i could almost pull the bullet from the case with very little effort. ammo is about 4 months old. not sure the bullet weight.

anyone else experience this with cor-bon??

gonna just blow it off at the range next time.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-27-2010, 03:30 PM   #2

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

got a 380 die? Just run it up in the crimp die and it should be ok.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

not yet but seat depth may be an issue since i dont know the paremeters of the corbon rounds what poweder is used or bullet weight to get a correct seating and crimp. that thought did cross my mind and i do need to get some dies for 380 since that stuff is sometimes hard to get.

was just wondering if anyone had run across this with any corbon ammo regardless of caliber.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #4

Liked 3239 Times on 1624 Posts
Likes Given: 426

1-800-626-7266
The customer service number you need. Give them the opportunity to make things right.
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Old 12-27-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

its not that big a deal i dont even have the box anymore ill just shoot em at the range next time i go. ive never had any issues with cor bon its one of the brands i look for. im not bashing em or anything everyone has a bad day now and then.

ive just never had any problems with my 45acp ammo or other boxes of 380 ive purchased for SD in the past from them. i generally just buy whatever the heaviest hp ammo is available im not tied to a certain brand other than avoideding steel cased ammo.

was just wondering if anyone else had come across looseness in bullets like that. ill just be more diligent when i buy ammo its possible some kid was jacking around with it in the store. i typically load my own for everything but 380acp and 12ga and im correcting that soon but i still buy off the shelf defensive loads.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:34 AM   #6

Default .380 Cor-Bon Ammo

Cor-Bon ammo pushes the limit of SAAMI perameters, so reseating the bullets could pose a problem for your .380 and your health. As pointed out by "Overkill0084" let Cor-Bon make it right.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

i bought two boxes of new cor bon 380 earlier this week to replace the fmjs it looks the same but all the bullets are tightly crimped. i think someone was playing with em at gander mountain when i bought the first two boxes.

im not gonna recrimp em since i dont have their load data and i doubt that it was corbon's fault with the original ammo.

havent been to the range yet planning on a trip friday or saturday taking the bersa thunder plus 380 my colt python, series 70, and new agent. gonna shoot the loose ammo i got for the bersa and no im not gonna hold corbon or bersa responsible if i booger up my gun. im just super curious to see if it has issues with iffy ammo. if it runs fine ill trust that little gun even more than i do now.

plus i want the cases building up a stockpile of 380 for reloading since the damn things are hard to find.

Newest Threads