Col - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Col

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 02:59 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fprefect View Post
This has been an interesting thread. I had been reloading for about 20 years when I tried a can of Hornady's concoction a couple of years ago and after reading the flammable warning on the can and then smelling something I believed to be oil based (it turned out to be the propellant gas) I thought I giving my reloading bench a good coating of oil and never used it again until yesterday. Don't have the slightest idea what it consists of, but after reading the directions (for the first time) I let the cases dry for about a minute and even though they felt dry to the touch, it worked perfectly without a trace of oil to be found on anything in the surrounding area. I may be hooked, no more wiping down the cases after sizing before I could proceed to the next step. Sometimes getting stuck in a rut prevents one from trying anything new, and missing out on a good product without even knowing it.

F. Prefect
Yes it has been a good thread - I plan on ordering a can of Hornady Spray now. The Lyman stuff leaves a greasy residue that must be tumbled clean. Anything remaining on a case can't be good for the chamber!
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 08-20-2009, 04:31 PM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

One word of caution. If you are using something like a lube pad I would disassemble the dies and clean them good. then reassemble the die and then give a nice squirt of the case lube into the die.

I cleaned my die with gun scrubber once next case was stuck like chuck.