Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Cfe 223 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/cfe-223-a-67192/)

dustinoif3 06-27-2012 01:40 PM

Cfe 223

Has anyone loaded any 223 yet with it?

mountainman13 06-27-2012 02:09 PM

I didn't even know they put out a new powder. Lol

dustinoif3 06-27-2012 02:12 PM

Yeah. Lol. The cfe stands for copper fouling agent. Suppose to have serious velocity.

mountainman13 06-27-2012 02:15 PM

You have my interest.

dustinoif3 06-27-2012 02:33 PM

I loaded some last night at 26gr. All I've found for 55gr is start at 26 but max 27. I think start load is 3100fps and max is 3300. Going to try and shoot my test loads tonight.

mountainman13 06-27-2012 02:38 PM

Cool. Keep us informed.

Rodmaker 06-28-2012 09:29 PM

Cfc 223

I have loaded some for my .223 and 22-250. shot about 15 rds throught each and then cleaned with Butch's Bore Shine. When you pass a patch, wet with Butch's Bore Shine through the bore it will come out blue if there is any copper in the bore and on both rifles the patches came out dirty but no sign of copper fouling. The stuff seems to work just like they claim....:D

linuxuser3890 06-30-2012 05:25 AM

I can't find any of this powder locally and I don't want to pay hazmat fees. :(

Has anyone chrono'd it to see about consistency, that was my first concern about it.

dustinoif3 07-01-2012 06:23 PM

Just got done with some test loads. 55gr fmj/bt with 26 grains. Shot well. Consistent. Had one FTF but I believe my seating depth is a hair to deep. Upon inspection saw that it looked like the round t boned and went straight up by the gas rod. Pushed the damn round all the way into the casing. What's weird is that I seated to where you can barely see the canular. When comparing it to a factory round you can tell my oal is shorter. I need to re evaluate the depth. Also I noticed that the rounds ejected straight forward 8 feet in front of me. Not sure what's up with that. I put some wolf in it and it ejected out at 4 o'clock. If anybody could shed some light on this subject I'd appreciate it. I'm still new to rifle loading.

linuxuser3890 07-04-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustinoif3
Just got done with some test loads. 55gr fmj/bt with 26 grains. Shot well. Consistent. Had one FTF but I believe my seating depth is a hair to deep. Upon inspection saw that it looked like the round t boned and went straight up by the gas rod. Pushed the damn round all the way into the casing. What's weird is that I seated to where you can barely see the canular. When comparing it to a factory round you can tell my oal is shorter. I need to re evaluate the depth. Also I noticed that the rounds ejected straight forward 8 feet in front of me. Not sure what's up with that. I put some wolf in it and it ejected out at 4 o'clock. If anybody could shed some light on this subject I'd appreciate it. I'm still new to rifle loading.

Prolly a light load and the carrier is pushing them forward.

As a general rule best accuracy is achieved when the bullet is just off the lands, however the AR has a built in limiting factor to that which is the magazine. Mil-spec throats are long and mags are short if you know what I mean. As a result I seat all bullets for the AR to either just fit in the mag or a small amount of the cannelure is visible.