Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Case separation...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Case separation...

I've read in different books and magazines that you should separate brass of different manufacturers, since differences in wall thickness between makers can change the case pressures. I'll accept that and I have no problem doing it. My question is this: what about brass from the same mfgr. with different head stamps. For example, Some Remington brass is marked with P.M.C., R.P., F.C. or C.B.C. Should I separate these into different batches or is it safe to just put all Remington brass together.?

In God We Trust. (Everyone else, hands where I can see 'em)

If Obama is the answer, then the question must have been stupid.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-17-2009, 08:40 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I separate cases based on manufacturer only for my .30-06 hunting loads, and then I am not sure if I could see any real reason for doing so, as I do not reload any calibers at the extreme maximum powder loads. I do not worry about segregation at all on any "bulk" calibers where I regularly shoot and re-load a whole lot of rounds such as .223, 9mm or .45 ACP.

TXnorton

Old 11-18-2009, 12:49 AM   #3

Default rem

rem is rem.PMC is not rem.CBC is south american,and RP is rem peters If you dont load hot it wont make any difference.get a couple manuals.lee and lyman.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:53 AM   #4

Disregard my OP. Dumb a$$ mistake! I forgot there are more than one .223 calibers. So I kept seeing Rem. .223 PMC, CBC, etc. thinking, " man, Remington sure has a lot of subsidiary ammo companies" not realizing it's because the caliber is Rem.223! (what a knucklehead).

In God We Trust. (Everyone else, hands where I can see 'em)

If Obama is the answer, then the question must have been stupid.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:39 AM   #5

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Closed Thread