Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Can someone explain bullet casting for me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 02:42 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I already looked into that. As long as I don't pay for it, and it is a parent that gives it to me, it is not considered a straw purchase, it is considered a gift which is legal.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:34 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Yes that is true. However you must be able to own a handgun in the state where you reside. You can not accept or no one can offer a handgun to a person prohibited from owning a handgun. For anyone to knowingly file a false report to aquire a hand gun for a prohibited person is a Federal crime as well. Hope this information helps.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:35 AM   #23

Here's how I understand Texas gun laws. (BTW, I'm 19)

I CANNOT go to a store and buy a handgun until I'm 21, but I CAN buy one through a private sell because I am over 18. State law also says that I can legally posses a hand gun at age 18, but I cannot conceal carry until I'm 21.

Gun laws are a pain in the ass.

Thanks for the info though, I did not know that was a felony. Does that mean that a parent could not buy a handgun for their child/teen (under 18/21 depending on state)?

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 04-19-2012 at 05:38 AM.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:46 AM   #24

Well it looks like we are beating this horse to death. The act of ordering a firearm from an FFL is a Federal transaction not state. The state laws regulates the use of the firearm with in the state after the Federal purchase laws are met. Yes you are right the laws are a PITA. Just remember a single firearms violation can cause you to lose your rights to own a firearm for life.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:47 AM   #25

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
Here's how I understand Texas gun laws. (BTW, I'm 19)

I CANNOT go to a store and buy a handgun until I'm 21, but I CAN buy one through a private sell because I am over 18. State law also says that I can legally posses a hand gun at age 18, but I cannot conceal carry until I'm 21.

Gun laws are a pain in the ass.

Thanks for the info though, I did not know that was a felony. Does that mean that a parent could not buy a handgun for their child/teen (under 18/21 depending on state)?
There some states require u to have handgun license to purchase one I almost gun a pistol a while back and we started talking about it cuz in Missouri u used to have a handgun license but they changed it a while back best thing for u to do is ask your lgs about it and they will tell u

I RUN LIKE A CHEVY AND IM BUILT FORD TOUGH

Old 04-19-2012, 05:57 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
Well it looks like we are beating this horse to death. The act of ordering a firearm from an FFL is a Federal transaction not state. The state laws regulates the use of the firearm with in the state after the Federal purchase laws are met. Yes you are right the laws are a PITA. Just remember a single firearms violation can cause you to lose your rights to own a firearm for life.
Wait, now I'm confused. I am legally in the right in Texas, but am I legally in the right according to federal law? The gun is coming from Arizona, so I don't think any laws there would cause problems.

Would I be better off to just say that it is my moms gun until I turn 21?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573 View Post
There some states require u to have handgun license to purchase one I almost gun a pistol a while back and we started talking about it cuz in Missouri u used to have a handgun license but they changed it a while back best thing for u to do is ask your lgs about it and they will tell u

No permits in Texas. I may have to ask a LGS about this whole transfer thing though.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:31 AM   #27

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Wait, now I'm confused. I am legally in the right in Texas, but am I legally in the right according to federal law? The gun is coming from Arizona, so I don't think any laws there would cause problems.

Would I be better off to just say that it is my moms gun until I turn 21?

No permits in Texas. I may have to ask a LGS about this whole transfer thing though.
Lol to be on the safe side yes

Old 04-19-2012, 11:37 AM   #28

Texaswood, Do not try to figure ways around the law. Contact the dealer and they will explain the rules. The very fact the handgun is moving in interstate commerce from Arizona to Texas puts it under Federal rules. Follow the rules and stay out of trouble.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #29
mcb

Liked 68 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Texas, 21 will come soon enough then you'll have the rest of your life to buy what you want.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #30

OK, we'll ask the dealer. The guns is already on the way, so there is not much we could do about that. Someone will be getting a new gun, we just need to find out who.