Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Calif still ammo shortage and high prices (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/calif-still-ammo-shortage-high-prices-29603/)

ironsights 07-23-2010 03:12 AM

Calif still ammo shortage and high prices

Yesterday, my 1911 shooting group went to the local gun store, no 45acp, ok there was the self defense ammo, but no range ammo. next to Walmart, no ammo in 45acp, they were stocked in 40s&w but no 45. The outdoor range had just reloads, so either Californians are buying the ammo as quickly as it is shipped in or So.Calif. is not getting it's fair share.

TheDaggle 07-23-2010 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironsights (Post 319050)
Yesterday, my 1911 shooting group went to the local gun store, no 45acp, ok there was the self defense ammo, but no range ammo. next to Walmart, no ammo in 45acp, they were stocked in 40s&w but no 45. The outdoor range had just reloads, so either Californians are buying the ammo as quickly as it is shipped in or So.Calif. is not getting it's fair share.

I'd guess a little of both. Plenty of money in this state, not much ammo. What we do get, gets stockpiled in a hurry. Maybe?:confused:

ironsights 07-23-2010 03:28 PM

it is the County of LA, no internet sales or shipments of ammo, and only 1 or 2 sporting goods stores with the balls to sell ammo. we have no gun stores inside the LA city limits but 300 plus dope stores.

mrm14 07-23-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironsights (Post 319252)
it is the County of LA, no internet sales or shipments of ammo, and only 1 or 2 sporting goods stores with the balls to sell ammo. we have no gun stores inside the LA city limits but 300 plus dope stores.

Must be a So.Cal. / LA thing. There seems to be ammo-o-plenty up here in Sacramento. Ocasionally some calibers of ammunition are out of stock where I go, but not as bad as it was a year or so ago.

Oh, we have the dope stores-o-plenty up here in Sacramento as well.

joshfireart 07-23-2010 07:45 PM

may be a new law medical ammo 5 rounds a day for stress relief.

Angry_bald_guy 07-23-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshfireart (Post 319386)
may be a new law medical ammo 5 rounds a day for stress relief.

I could see that in any state OTHER than California...

CHLChris 07-23-2010 07:57 PM

If I were living in a communist state, I'd be buying everything, too! I am right next to it, though. I'm about to take a trip to that sinkhole of a state. I'm feeling a little weird that I won't be able to carry there. Oh well, it's only a week.

res45 07-24-2010 03:25 AM

Sounds like a tank full of gas and hand full of dollars and a road trip are in order. If the ammo want come to you you have to go to it or buy some reloading gear.