Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Ammunition & Reloading (
-   -   buying ammo online (

cooley 45'er 11-21-2009 05:17 AM

buying ammo online
hello all i was wondeing if it is a good way to buy ammo online vs going to local store and buying because of not having to give up your INFO online a record to track you. thanks cooley 45'er

TXnorton 11-21-2009 11:19 AM

Cooley - I think you are being a bit paranoid. For any on-line ammo purchase You need to provide your name, address (for shipping) and a credit card number (for payment) - pretty much like any other internet transaction. You may also have to certify you are of legal age to purchase ammo.

Do you have a reason for not wanting anyone to know you have purchsed ammo?

You should also stop by the "Introductions" thread and introduce yourself to this forum.

spittinfire 11-21-2009 12:21 PM

Welcome to the forum. I agree with TX, buying ammo is just like any other transaction. I've done it in the past and would do it again. Just watch the shipping charges don't eat up your savings versus going to the local store.

canebrake 11-21-2009 12:32 PM

You think buying ammo on line is any different than posting on a internetz gun forum??

Just take up the slack in your tinfoil hat's chin strap and purchase away!

Welcome and hop over to the Introductions section and let us know a little about yourself.

cooley 45'er 11-21-2009 02:37 PM

buying ammo online
thanks all for your reply, i will go and introdues myself, i guess im a little paranoid about all the talk about tracking ammo and guns etc. i heard there are going to put a tax if you have guns in your home etc irs will have it on the w2 and ask if you have guns and how many, just trying to stock up on as much i can get before some of this start to happen thanks again for replys. cooley 45'er