Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Bullet unknown to me (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/bullet-unknown-me-17372/)

cerber33 08-26-2009 07:04 PM

Bullet unknown to me

Hi folks!
This is my first post here, maybe I should have left an introduction, we'll see, I have a general interest for weapons, "do it yourself", etc.:)

Allright now; I need help determining what kind of a bullet my youngest little sister came to me with, today.
I have uploaded a picture of it, as close to a 1-1scale as I could get it.
A picture tells more than a thousand words, or well, at least some in this case.:cool:

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/7046/picture119.png

(She claims the brother of her friend just "found it in the woods" nearby.)

robocop10mm 08-26-2009 07:28 PM

The two uses of BF appear to be:

Bakelittfabrikken A/G, Aurskog, Norway
Fábrica Nacional de Munições de Armas Legeiras, Chelas, Portugal

Likely the 10 76 indicates it was made in October of 1976. Hard to tell from the picture but the proportions look like 9mm Luger/Parabellum.

Is the red area plastic? If so it looks like a training blank.

Brass case head and plastic body is reminiscient of German tendancies. I lean toward Norway as the country of origin.

robocop10mm 08-26-2009 07:44 PM

Found it. Nammo Bakelittfabriken makes/made it. Special 9mm training blank for MP-5 SMG with Blank firing device.

Very unusual in the USA. If she was wandering in the woods of northern Europe, probably fairly common.

HAH! Who's the man! (beats fists against chest)

IGETEVEN 08-26-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 151144)
Found it. Nammo Bakelittfabriken makes/made it. Special 9mm training blank for MP-5 SMG with Blank firing device.

Very unusual in the USA. If she was wandering in the woods of northern Europe, probably fairly common.

You are Robo sir! :D Now tell him to swing buy the Introductions thread and have him tell us a little about himself for getting such a quick and great knowledgeable answer to his question.

Jack

cerber33 08-26-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Sweet, great work. You guys were fast to reply too.:)
I should, of course, said that I in fact do live in Norway(city; Bergen) and that I thought it could be a blank(the body is indeed made of plastic). I was in such a hurry that I finished my thread too early, and had to go. :o
- Edit: rephrased my post for more clarity.

@ IGETEVEN: Now I have.:)

robocop10mm 08-27-2009 02:20 PM

Well now that you see what a helpful, friendly, knowledgeable group we are, I expect you to spend more time here....GOT IT?

spittinfire 08-27-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Either you're the man or you have entirely too much time on your hands.

robocop10mm 08-27-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 151564)
Either you're the man or you have entirely too much time on your hands.

OK, Maybe a little bit of both.

cerber33 08-30-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Well now that you see what a helpful, friendly, knowledgeable group we are, I expect you to spend more time here....GOT IT?
No.
I need you to repeat yourself.

robocop10mm 08-31-2009 09:11 PM

Sorry, the meaning was probably lost in translation. Sarcasm is just one of my many talents. What I meant to say (in a sarcastic tone) was please go the Introductions section and tell us a little about yourself (it is always interesting to hear from folks outside of the US).

Peruse the the various sections (that will require some time) and stay a while.