Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Bulk Ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Bulk Ammo

Where do you order it from?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-24-2008, 06:26 PM   #2

Default ammoman.com

All prices include shipping, so no hidden costs.

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:25 PM   #3

Default www.proload.com

Also some great prices on ammo.....has some South African 308 right now

usually good prices on 9mm/40/45

Old 01-25-2008, 12:56 PM   #4

Thanks for the links.

Has anyone tried www.bulkammo.com They have the cheapest prices I have found thus far.

Edit: Went ahead and ordered from bulk ammo. Total cost 195$ shipped for 1000 rounds .40 S&W FMJ.

Last edited by Doug1627; 01-25-2008 at 01:56 PM.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:08 PM   #5

Default Remanufactured Ammo

be VERY careful with commercial reloads/reman ammo VOIDS most factory warranties. Known to KB Glocks

Old 01-25-2008, 02:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgunsmith View Post
be VERY careful with commercial reloads/reman ammo VOIDS most factory warranties. Known to KB Glocks
I did not know that, thanks for the tip. What kind of negative effects arise from reloaded ammo? What does KB mean?

Edit:Found the info, they go Kaboom! Well I suppose I will cancel the order.

Does this mean that I should never shoot remanned ammo? I was considering reloading myself at some point.

Last edited by Doug1627; 01-25-2008 at 02:34 PM.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #7

IF the ammo is truely commercial remanufactured by a commercial loader with product liability insurance, OK.

Companies like Black Hills are great ! Their 223 reman outshoots most factory
as the brass is cleaned, sorted, trimmed and reloaded like new ammo.
BUT shooting reloads or remanufactured ammo Voids gun warranties like Glock.
.............and they can tell IF damage is done by reloads as they will want the brass from any round that caused a failure.

IF you reload ammo and stay within recommended load specs, you should be OK....but do assume liability for damage to your firearm.

New commercial ammo is usually loaded to SAAMI specs for safety. That is why is complies with firearms manyfacturers warranty statements.

I would NEVER buy some Bubbas reloads at a gun show as you have NO idea what the load is.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgunsmith View Post
IF the ammo is truely commercial remanufactured by a commercial loader with product liability insurance, OK.

Companies like Black Hills are great ! Their 223 reman outshoots most factory
as the brass is cleaned, sorted, trimmed and reloaded like new ammo.
BUT shooting reloads or remanufactured ammo Voids gun warranties like Glock.
.............and they can tell IF damage is done by reloads as they will want the brass from any round that caused a failure.

IF you reload ammo and stay within recommended load specs, you should be OK....but do assume liability for damage to your firearm.

New commercial ammo is usually loaded to SAAMI specs for safety. That is why is complies with firearms manyfacturers warranty statements.

I would NEVER buy some Bubbas reloads at a gun show as you have NO idea what the load is.

Again, thanks you for the tips. I appreciate them. I went ahead and canceled the order. I am not sure if they have liability insurance or not. I will stick with new ammo until I have enough brass to reload them myself.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:13 PM   #9

Well it kind of sounds like Dguns is anti-reloaded ammo. Have you had a bad batch or what? Let us know where your comming from.

First off yes reloaded ammo voids your warranty. Next if your shooting a Glock I wouldn't reload or shoot it for any reason. Their chambers are not fully suported. That means the case is not tight in the chamber and have more chance to let the pressures out.

I myself have been reloading for myself and a few friends for over 12yrs. I started because it was cheaper but then found out how much better most of the ammo shoots. In the 12 yrs I have been reloading the only problems I have ever had was a few primers that didn't go off. When I start reloading a caliber I check out the powders available for that caliber and find one that performs well and almost fills the case. That way there is no chance of a double charge. Same with both pistol and rifle.

HSM is another place that does a lot of bulk reloading. They are the ones that supply Cabela's with their bulk ammo.
Good luck. Jovan

Old 01-25-2008, 05:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut2000 View Post
First off yes reloaded ammo voids your warranty. Next if your shooting a Glock I wouldn't reload or shoot it for any reason. Their chambers are not fully suported. That means the case is not tight in the chamber and have more chance to let the pressures out.

I am a little confused? You do not prefer to shoot Glocks period?? Or not with reloaded ammo?