brass case lub I use
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > brass case lub I use

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 37 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default brass case lub I use

About a year or so ago, some gent on another gun web site began a thread telling about how good a penetrant/lubirication product called FLUID FILM was for lubrication of 22 semi auto actions. Sales rep for FLUID FILM showed up on this gun website giving away samples of his company's product. He was kind enough to send me 6 small sample aerosol cans to try....kept 2 and gave away rest to fellow shooting buddies at range we're members.

FLUID FILM is a lanolin based product. When I started reloading again about 6 years ago, after a 35 plus years absence, first product I used for lubeing a brass case was Lee's case lube.....a lanolin based product. I would eventually switch to using Imperial Sizing lube and be more satisfied with it.

Bought someones reloading supplies in a garage sale one day and one of items was a RCBS lub pad. Remembered the FLUID FILM was lanolin based and after reading the can, sprayed it on the RCBS lub pad to try it out. The FLUID FILM WORKED JUST FINE AS A CASE LUBE. Now days I'm more prone to use the Fluid Film on the RCBS pad than applying the Imperial with my fingers.

Label on Fluid Film can states, "NO SOLVENTS". I take a cotton swab with the fluid film on it to lightly lub the inside of the case neck after lubeing outside of case. As I wrote already, this stuff works OK as a case lube....haven't had a case stuck in my resizing die since I've begun using it.

As I recall from the post I originally read about it, Tractor Supply stores sells it. Anyway, just thought I'd pass this tidbit of information on to you.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #2
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1179 Times on 678 Posts
Likes Given: 568

Imperial Sizing Lube is all I use anymore.You'll never have a stuck case with it.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 734 Times on 541 Posts
Likes Given: 220

Hornady has a spray lube. Look on their web. Stand your brass like little soldiers and do 20 or 30 at a wack. Lubes neck at same time. No effect on primer or powder. More $$$ but so damn quick. I have been reloading 7.62 x 51, 30-06, & .243. No pad no grease, easy!!!

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 10-01-2012, 05:39 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Have been reloading over 45 years and after trying various lubes for a few years I finally found Imperial Sizing Die Wax and haven't felt the need to try anything else since.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I love RCBS spray lube. Works well and never ha an issue. Use just a small amount.