Blue Dot
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Blue Dot

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gandog56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mobile,Alabama
Posts: 256
Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts

Default Blue Dot

Well, since you know who got re-elected I haven't been able to find any HP38 to reload my 10mm and 40 cal S&W. But I did stumble into a 5 pound jug of Blue Dot. So I just did two test reloadings of 150 each using the Blue Dot. And of course as soon as I did them, Lohman finally filled a backorder I had for two pounds of HP 38. Cie la vie. Maybe I'll be impressed enough with the Blue Dot loads and continue using it. I can always do my regular .38 special 148 grain cast DEWC loads with the incoming HP 38.

Anyways I also used the Blue Dot for test boxes of .44 special, .44 magnum, and .45 Colt. I'm sure the Blue Dot won't go to waste.

__________________
gandog56 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 11-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
robocop10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin,Texas, by God!!
Posts: 10,331
Liked 2994 Times on 1560 Posts
Likes Given: 279

Default

Blue Dot is my fav for high vel 10mm loads. It certainly will not go to waste

__________________

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

robocop10mm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: central nj
Posts: 31
Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Blue dot is #60 on the burn scale and HP38 is #22 on the burn scale.

__________________
BtDoctur is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 03:51 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: seymour,ct
Posts: 86
Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

I tried Blue Dot for my .357, and I cannot stand it. Humongous amounts of unburned powder, even as a light load behind a heavy bullet. So much unburned stuff that it slightly bound up the cylinder on my GP100. Anyone wants to stop by my house in CT, they can have it. Won't ship it 'cause of the haz-mat charge.

__________________
regload is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:50 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tomingreeneco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Greene County,PA
Posts: 181
Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by regload View Post
I tried Blue Dot for my .357, and I cannot stand it. Humongous amounts of unburned powder, even as a light load behind a heavy bullet. So much unburned stuff that it slightly bound up the cylinder on my GP100. Anyone wants to stop by my house in CT, they can have it. Won't ship it 'cause of the haz-mat charge.
I use Blue Dot in my .357 loads with good results. I use 8.2 grains of Blue Dot with a 158 gr. RNFP cast bullet. One of my most accurate loads. Wish I lived closer would trade you some fresh eggs (chicken and duck) for the Blue Dot.
__________________

The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood.

tomingreeneco is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #6
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
robocop10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin,Texas, by God!!
Posts: 10,331
Liked 2994 Times on 1560 Posts
Likes Given: 279

Default

Blue Dot fouling? You need a firmer crimp. You are not getting positive ignition. A firm crimp will probably fix that. Maybe switch to a magnum primer, but crimp is the key

__________________

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

robocop10mm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:59 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: seymour,ct
Posts: 86
Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomingreeneco View Post
I use Blue Dot in my .357 loads with good results. I use 8.2 grains of Blue Dot with a 158 gr. RNFP cast bullet. One of my most accurate loads. Wish I lived closer would trade you some fresh eggs (chicken and duck) for the Blue Dot.
Tom, you can have the Blue Dot for free, no eggs needed! Can't stand the stuff. If you REALLY want it, PM me and maybe next year on our way out west in the trailer I can drop it off.
__________________
regload is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:13 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tomingreeneco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Greene County,PA
Posts: 181
Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by regload View Post
Tom, you can have the Blue Dot for free, no eggs needed! Can't stand the stuff. If you REALLY want it, PM me and maybe next year on our way out west in the trailer I can drop it off.
Let me know when you are coming through. But you have to take some eggs. Everyone I know gets eggs from me. I don't sell them. They are my "pets" and I give their eggs to all my neighbors, friends, UPS man, mail man, newspaper delivery man etc. Who does not like fresh eggs? Ever have a hard boiled duck eggs? Mmmmmm
__________________

The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood.

tomingreeneco is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: seymour,ct
Posts: 86
Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomingreeneco View Post
Let me know when you are coming through. But you have to take some eggs. Everyone I know gets eggs from me. I don't sell them. They are my "pets" and I give their eggs to all my neighbors, friends, UPS man, mail man, newspaper delivery man etc. Who does not like fresh eggs? Ever have a hard boiled duck eggs? Mmmmmm
Yes, Tom, I had duck eggs when a teen, many decades ago. They were good (from our own pet ducks).
When we firm up our plans for travel near your county I'll PM you in advance.
__________________
regload is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:51 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tomingreeneco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Greene County,PA
Posts: 181
Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by regload View Post
Yes, Tom, I had duck eggs when a teen, many decades ago. They were good (from our own pet ducks).
When we firm up our plans for travel near your county I'll PM you in advance.
Sounds good. Just give me a heads up.
__________________

The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood.

tomingreeneco is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
To blue or not to blue??? chaz1966 Engraving & Refinishing 3 09-16-2013 05:59 PM
Blue and Red Dot? rechapman03 General Shotgun Discussion 2 08-07-2013 05:37 PM
How much to re-blue? tmontana0219 .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 14 02-03-2013 02:48 AM
If you're blue... Shihan The Club House 3 01-23-2011 04:50 AM
Blue Lupo General Rifle Discussion 7 08-20-2008 04:50 PM