Blue Dot
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Blue Dot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts

Default Blue Dot

Well, since you know who got re-elected I haven't been able to find any HP38 to reload my 10mm and 40 cal S&W. But I did stumble into a 5 pound jug of Blue Dot. So I just did two test reloadings of 150 each using the Blue Dot. And of course as soon as I did them, Lohman finally filled a backorder I had for two pounds of HP 38. Cie la vie. Maybe I'll be impressed enough with the Blue Dot loads and continue using it. I can always do my regular .38 special 148 grain cast DEWC loads with the incoming HP 38.

Anyways I also used the Blue Dot for test boxes of .44 special, .44 magnum, and .45 Colt. I'm sure the Blue Dot won't go to waste.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2994 Times on 1560 Posts
Likes Given: 279

Blue Dot is my fav for high vel 10mm loads. It certainly will not go to waste

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 11-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts

Blue dot is #60 on the burn scale and HP38 is #22 on the burn scale.

Old 11-29-2013, 03:51 AM   #4

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I tried Blue Dot for my .357, and I cannot stand it. Humongous amounts of unburned powder, even as a light load behind a heavy bullet. So much unburned stuff that it slightly bound up the cylinder on my GP100. Anyone wants to stop by my house in CT, they can have it. Won't ship it 'cause of the haz-mat charge.

Old 11-29-2013, 04:50 AM   #5

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by regload View Post
I tried Blue Dot for my .357, and I cannot stand it. Humongous amounts of unburned powder, even as a light load behind a heavy bullet. So much unburned stuff that it slightly bound up the cylinder on my GP100. Anyone wants to stop by my house in CT, they can have it. Won't ship it 'cause of the haz-mat charge.
I use Blue Dot in my .357 loads with good results. I use 8.2 grains of Blue Dot with a 158 gr. RNFP cast bullet. One of my most accurate loads. Wish I lived closer would trade you some fresh eggs (chicken and duck) for the Blue Dot.

The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2994 Times on 1560 Posts
Likes Given: 279

Blue Dot fouling? You need a firmer crimp. You are not getting positive ignition. A firm crimp will probably fix that. Maybe switch to a magnum primer, but crimp is the key

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-09-2013, 02:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomingreeneco View Post
I use Blue Dot in my .357 loads with good results. I use 8.2 grains of Blue Dot with a 158 gr. RNFP cast bullet. One of my most accurate loads. Wish I lived closer would trade you some fresh eggs (chicken and duck) for the Blue Dot.
Tom, you can have the Blue Dot for free, no eggs needed! Can't stand the stuff. If you REALLY want it, PM me and maybe next year on our way out west in the trailer I can drop it off.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Tom, you can have the Blue Dot for free, no eggs needed! Can't stand the stuff. If you REALLY want it, PM me and maybe next year on our way out west in the trailer I can drop it off.
Let me know when you are coming through. But you have to take some eggs. Everyone I know gets eggs from me. I don't sell them. They are my "pets" and I give their eggs to all my neighbors, friends, UPS man, mail man, newspaper delivery man etc. Who does not like fresh eggs? Ever have a hard boiled duck eggs? Mmmmmm

The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomingreeneco View Post
Let me know when you are coming through. But you have to take some eggs. Everyone I know gets eggs from me. I don't sell them. They are my "pets" and I give their eggs to all my neighbors, friends, UPS man, mail man, newspaper delivery man etc. Who does not like fresh eggs? Ever have a hard boiled duck eggs? Mmmmmm
Yes, Tom, I had duck eggs when a teen, many decades ago. They were good (from our own pet ducks).
When we firm up our plans for travel near your county I'll PM you in advance.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:51 AM   #10

Quote:
Yes, Tom, I had duck eggs when a teen, many decades ago. They were good (from our own pet ducks).
When we firm up our plans for travel near your county I'll PM you in advance.
Sounds good. Just give me a heads up.