Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Blue Dot (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/blue-dot-100812/)

gandog56 11-26-2013 01:21 PM

Blue Dot
 
Well, since you know who got re-elected I haven't been able to find any HP38 to reload my 10mm and 40 cal S&W. But I did stumble into a 5 pound jug of Blue Dot. So I just did two test reloadings of 150 each using the Blue Dot. And of course as soon as I did them, Lohman finally filled a backorder I had for two pounds of HP 38. Cie la vie. Maybe I'll be impressed enough with the Blue Dot loads and continue using it. I can always do my regular .38 special 148 grain cast DEWC loads with the incoming HP 38.

Anyways I also used the Blue Dot for test boxes of .44 special, .44 magnum, and .45 Colt. I'm sure the Blue Dot won't go to waste.

robocop10mm 11-26-2013 07:35 PM

Blue Dot is my fav for high vel 10mm loads. It certainly will not go to waste

BtDoctur 11-28-2013 05:12 PM

Blue dot is #60 on the burn scale and HP38 is #22 on the burn scale.

regload 11-29-2013 02:51 AM

I tried Blue Dot for my .357, and I cannot stand it. Humongous amounts of unburned powder, even as a light load behind a heavy bullet. So much unburned stuff that it slightly bound up the cylinder on my GP100. Anyone wants to stop by my house in CT, they can have it. Won't ship it 'cause of the haz-mat charge.

tomingreeneco 11-29-2013 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regload (Post 1443920)
I tried Blue Dot for my .357, and I cannot stand it. Humongous amounts of unburned powder, even as a light load behind a heavy bullet. So much unburned stuff that it slightly bound up the cylinder on my GP100. Anyone wants to stop by my house in CT, they can have it. Won't ship it 'cause of the haz-mat charge.

I use Blue Dot in my .357 loads with good results. I use 8.2 grains of Blue Dot with a 158 gr. RNFP cast bullet. One of my most accurate loads. Wish I lived closer would trade you some fresh eggs (chicken and duck) for the Blue Dot.

robocop10mm 11-29-2013 01:26 PM

Blue Dot fouling? You need a firmer crimp. You are not getting positive ignition. A firm crimp will probably fix that. Maybe switch to a magnum primer, but crimp is the key

regload 12-09-2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomingreeneco (Post 1443952)
I use Blue Dot in my .357 loads with good results. I use 8.2 grains of Blue Dot with a 158 gr. RNFP cast bullet. One of my most accurate loads. Wish I lived closer would trade you some fresh eggs (chicken and duck) for the Blue Dot.

Tom, you can have the Blue Dot for free, no eggs needed! Can't stand the stuff. If you REALLY want it, PM me and maybe next year on our way out west in the trailer I can drop it off.

tomingreeneco 12-09-2013 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regload (Post 1453225)
Tom, you can have the Blue Dot for free, no eggs needed! Can't stand the stuff. If you REALLY want it, PM me and maybe next year on our way out west in the trailer I can drop it off.

Let me know when you are coming through. But you have to take some eggs. Everyone I know gets eggs from me. I don't sell them. They are my "pets" and I give their eggs to all my neighbors, friends, UPS man, mail man, newspaper delivery man etc. Who does not like fresh eggs? Ever have a hard boiled duck eggs? Mmmmmm

regload 12-10-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomingreeneco (Post 1453326)
Let me know when you are coming through. But you have to take some eggs. Everyone I know gets eggs from me. I don't sell them. They are my "pets" and I give their eggs to all my neighbors, friends, UPS man, mail man, newspaper delivery man etc. Who does not like fresh eggs? Ever have a hard boiled duck eggs? Mmmmmm

Yes, Tom, I had duck eggs when a teen, many decades ago. They were good (from our own pet ducks).
When we firm up our plans for travel near your county I'll PM you in advance.

tomingreeneco 12-14-2013 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regload (Post 1454320)
Yes, Tom, I had duck eggs when a teen, many decades ago. They were good (from our own pet ducks).
When we firm up our plans for travel near your county I'll PM you in advance.

Sounds good. Just give me a heads up.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:27 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.