Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Black Talon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

IIRC Collin Ferguson of the LIRR shooting used Black Talons. Of course he was the one that shot and killed Carolyn Macarthys Husband and wounded her son.

Before the shooting she was not a congresswoman or activist. Since then she was working on getting rid of "barrel shrouds" though.
http://youtu.be/ospNRk2uM3U
I was of course a terrible event. I lived in the town and know some of the passengers. Was even passed by what seemed like the entire Local and county PD lights and sirens blaring heading to the scene while I was about 400yds from the train stop that night....

The crusade she started is just so ill-informed and nonsensical that she just grates me in every way.

From Wiki ... I bolded the text

Quote:
Carolyn McCarthy, whose husband, Dennis McCarthy, was killed by Ferguson, and whose son, Kevin McCarthy, was severely injured, was subsequently elected to the United States Congress,[47] on a platform of gun control. She was motivated to run for Congress after the representative in her district Dan Frisa voted against an assault weapons bill. Some of Ferguson's other victims and their family members have also become involved in gun control efforts.[48] McCarthy also sued Olin Corporation, the parent of Winchester Ammunition under products liability and negligence theories for their manufacture of the Black Talon bullets used by Ferguson. The cartridges carry hollow-tipped bullets that expand upon impact, increasing the severity of wounds. One month before the Ferguson shootings, Winchester Ammunition announced they were voluntarily withdrawing the Black Talon cartridges from the market.[5] McCarthy's suit failed for numerous reasons, most notably because New York law placed no responsibility on manufacturers for the criminal misuse of their products

Last edited by LN2T99; 07-18-2011 at 11:45 PM. Reason: remove embedding add info

Old 07-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Love the 230 gr +p SXT Ranger in my Ed Brown 5". Extremely accurate and hits hard. What's not to like.