Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Black powder cartridge loading

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 03:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Black powder cartridge loading

I reload cowboy loads for fun I use them in my Henry 38/357 and a couple single action Ruger 38/357 revolvers I like the smoke and the fuse it makes on the range most of the guys there shoot smokless powder but I like making that fog bank I tell them it makes life more like real life LOL and a fog bank does come in now and then right ? I reload for the mag. loads as well for the rifle as that Henry is hefty enough to with stand a cannon round ..I dont know of many guys reloading with Black powder I do some smokless rounds for the wife and for my home defense weapons but find the enjoyment in reloading the old fashion way I do it by hand with a Lee portable hand press it is cheap and works wonders Any fellow BP cartridge shooters around ????

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-12-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I reload BP in .45 Long Colt (35 grains of 3fg) for my Uberti Model P (Colt Peacemaker replica), and for my .45-70 Pedersoli 1874 Sharps replica. Those were the original loads for those calibers in those firearms.

I load with a RCBS BP powder measure, and use a drop tube for the .45-70, I only load the .45-70 with 65 grains of 2fg.

I also shoot a lot of BP in sidelock rifles (both percussion and flintlock) and pistols in cap & ball (.44 Walker-Colt replica) and a single shot deuling pistol muzzleloader.

TXnorton