Black bullets - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading >

Black bullets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 07:14 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

I shoot thousands of Precisions and Bear Creek Bullets out of my Kimber and my CZ monthly in USPSA competition and practice.
I don't have really any issue with fouling, a small amount will build up in the grooves but it doesn't buildup past the initial coating and has never became a problem. I just run a bore snake through it after every outing to remove some powder fouling and clean chamber area, i'll completely clean barrel every thousand or so, or when I feel like it
I use the poly/moly bullets because they are the cheapest bullets I have been able to find with the exception of cast lead. I would use lead but the smoke can become a factor, obscuring targets at times during competition.
I have used Precision 230gr RNFP, 200gr RNFP and Bear Creek 230gr FP, and RN varieties in my 45 with great results.
The Bear Creek 230FP are my current favorite for performance and the lower cost.
Hellfire, Doom, Watch the hatred spin
Beyond the speed of sound---
Fire it up, Let the engines roll
It's time to burn it down