Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Big love for the weak little .38 special

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 02:18 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Missouribound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 695
Liked 220 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Default

[QUOTE=JonM;1387340 desert eagle 357 with 38's great huge gun goes *pop* slide never moves no recoil. .[/QUOTE]

HUH? A revolver cartridge in a pistol.........I'm so confursed.

__________________

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Missouribound is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:35 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,434
Liked 1103 Times on 576 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
HUH? A revolver cartridge in a pistol.........I'm so confursed.
I've asked y'all to stop doing this. A revolver is a pistol. A semi-automatic is a pistol. One is a revolver, one is a semi-automatic. I showed y'all the dictionary definition of "pistol" and while back, and it does not distinguish between revolvers, semis, single shots, etc.

It's very annoying.
__________________
txpossum is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:37 AM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,434
Liked 1103 Times on 576 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

Look, if the .38 special was worth a tinker's damn, Glock would make a handgun chambered for it. Since you can't get a Glock in that caliber, it must be no dang good. Who ever heard of anyone getting killed by a wimpy little .38 special, out a revolver, of all things.

__________________
txpossum is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:57 AM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Missouribound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 695
Liked 220 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
I've asked y'all to stop doing this. A revolver is a pistol. A semi-automatic is a pistol. One is a revolver, one is a semi-automatic. I showed y'all the dictionary definition of "pistol" and while back, and it does not distinguish between revolvers, semis, single shots, etc.

It's very annoying.
You missed the point of my comment....I'll let you figure it out.
__________________

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Missouribound is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:58 AM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
seibert1903's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 53
Liked 19 Times on 12 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum
Look, if the .38 special was worth a tinker's damn, Glock would make a handgun chambered for it. Since you can't get a Glock in that caliber, it must be no dang good. Who ever heard of anyone getting killed by a wimpy little .38 special, out a revolver, of all things.
Well if a .22 can kill someone, a .38 special easily could...and not everyone loves glock either.
__________________
seibert1903 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:05 AM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Missouribound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 695
Liked 220 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
Look, if the .38 special was worth a tinker's damn, Glock would make a handgun chambered for it. Since you can't get a Glock in that caliber, it must be no dang good. Who ever heard of anyone getting killed by a wimpy little .38 special, out a revolver, of all things.
Glock doesn't have the technology to make revolvers.....
__________________

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Missouribound is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:38 AM   #37
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,609
Liked 3570 Times on 2224 Posts
Likes Given: 1212

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seibert1903
Well if a .22 can kill someone, a .38 special easily could...and not everyone loves glock either.
You apparently don't know Possum very well. He's not a polymer gun kinda guy, to say the least.
__________________

Always have clean socks.

JW357 is online now  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:45 AM   #38
Texas Ranger Fan!
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas!
Posts: 24,450
Liked 16807 Times on 9743 Posts
Likes Given: 43865

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
You apparently don't know Possum very well. He's not a polymer gun kinda guy, to say the least.
and he forgot to use the green for sarcasm!
__________________
CIA, FBI, NSA, GOP, ACLU, NIA, DOJ, DOD, FEMA, GOA, DOT, NASA, CDC, DARPA, DIA, NOAA, NRC, HUD, IRS, BLM, OSHA, EPA, SEC, SSA, TSA..........
Axxe55 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:00 AM   #39
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4781 Times on 2677 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

Hey Texas-P?? I bet the terms "Hog-Leg" and "Slide-Gun" really confuses you.

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,434
Liked 1103 Times on 576 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
You missed the point of my comment....I'll let you figure it out.
Sorry if I misconstrued your comment . . . it's just that's one of my major pet peeves. It makes me want to grab the person who does uses those terms and pistol-whip them. Or revolver-whip them, whatever the case may be.
__________________
txpossum is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
SR 9 fireing pin is weak ? billybang Ruger Handgun Forum 12 03-21-2013 12:29 AM
Weak spring deerslayer69 General Rifle Discussion 3 02-22-2011 12:58 AM
Weak Spring ? 2gun .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 11 09-02-2009 01:23 AM
UN=weak...but you already knew that roosterjuicer Politics, Religion and Controversy 13 04-14-2009 01:11 AM
One of those WEAK MOMENTS... Mark F Semi-Auto Handguns 15 10-10-2008 07:32 PM