Bear Vs Wolf
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Bear Vs Wolf

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Bear Vs Wolf

Went to the range yesterday I'll post pics with a range report when I get home, the first box of shell that I bought where Silver Bear 7.62x54R fired it shot well none of the sticky bolt syndrom that other Mosins might get. Yesterday I went and bought a box of wolfs, first thing I noticed the cases looked straight up like they where steel and didn't have the red sealing stuff on it. I was thinking that there was going to be no problems at all they shot just as straight as the bear. But when I started shooting the Bear went without a hitch as where the wolf after every shot I had to smack the bolt handle just to get them to eject and it was every shell made by wolf did it.

I need to get some mil surplus and see if it does it as well or if my rifle is a picky shooter.

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-17-2011, 07:36 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Commas, capital letters, and periods are your friends.
Were both brands using steel cases? Did the Bear primers look different than the Wolf?
I don't shoot ammo that gives me a sticky bolt lift. Unless every round, even rounds loaded light, give a stiff bolt lift (in which case, there is a problem with your rifle), then I see a stiff bolt life as suggesting that pressures are too high for that specific rifle.
Even if they are not over pressure in your rifle, I would stick to milsurp that does not cause me to get frustrated at the range.
Of course, you could try rolling your own, but I would assume that the Wolf and Bear brands are priced such that you see no reason to spend time and money to reload.