Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > B.V.A.C Ammo & Cheaper Than Dirt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 03:07 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I decided to give CTD the boot after they offerred .380 S&B FMJ ammo for $49.95 a box of 50 . They even had the gall to proclaim it "perfect for self defense". .380 FMJ "perfect" for anything but punching paper? $1/round for .380? That kind of price gouging caused me to cancel my subscription to their catalog and ask them to stop sending me e-mails.
I can't say I blame you. Thanks.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:05 PM   #12

I order from CTD all the time. The shipping isnt THAT bad--I always try to order a lot of stuff so it spreads it out a little. I get tracers from there (both .22 and 9mm) that work great.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:09 AM   #13

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
The BVAC prices on .223 are really attractive. I'd love to know if they are problematic. I'm about to build my first AR-15 and I'm wondering if I should buy some cheap ammo just to be able to through some lead through it, or if I should spend a little more (well, a lot more) money and stick to US-made stuff. Not to mention brass cases.

Edit: Hey! BVAC is US-made! Coooooooool. I'll take 1000 rounds of HPBT 69 grain, please.
I am a home town supporter myself and buy few things that arent made in the USA. However I bought some 22lr's and 22 magnums from BVAC that state they were built in the USA on the box. However they are actually built in the Phillipines. An oddity to say the least.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:35 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 222 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I order from CTD occasionally, but wouldn't do so for pistol defense or plinking ammo. FMJ is far cheaper to buy locally (for most folks anyway) at Walmart or the local dicount outdoors store. I order my defense ammo from Ammo2Go

The service at CTD has been fine. I've order some pistol & AR15 accessories from them, as well as various .223/5.56 rounds. Decent source for things like mags, Russian Ammo, accessories (slings, grips, etc).

Old 06-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #15

BVAC 22's ARE loaded in the USA in Montana. The BRASS is made in the Phillipines by Armscor for them to SAAMI Specs.....if that's a problem for you..OK

Old 06-28-2010, 01:42 AM   #16

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgunsmith View Post
BVAC 22's ARE loaded in the USA in Montana. The BRASS is made in the Phillipines by Armscor for them to SAAMI Specs.....if that's a problem for you..OK
Thanks for the imfo. Can I ask you where you got your imformation? I have had these on the cartridge collectors forum for their imput and they also thought that they were Phillipino built. I have ARMSCOR brand from the Phillipines with the exact case and bullet and near identical box design. I also have a box of HSM from Stevensville Montana with the same bullet and case. The ARMSCOR ammo I have are years older than the other brands so can only conclude that the case as well as the bullet and maybe even the box is imported.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #17

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
I order from CTD occasionally, but wouldn't do so for pistol defense or plinking ammo. FMJ is far cheaper to buy locally (for most folks anyway) at Walmart or the local dicount outdoors store. I order my defense ammo from Ammo2Go

The service at CTD has been fine. I've order some pistol & AR15 accessories from them, as well as various .223/5.56 rounds. Decent source for things like mags, Russian Ammo, accessories (slings, grips, etc).
Good info, thanks!

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience." ~

Old 06-28-2010, 02:52 PM   #18

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30-30remchester View Post
I am a home town supporter myself and buy few things that arent made in the USA. However I bought some 22lr's and 22 magnums from BVAC that state they were built in the USA on the box. However they are actually built in the Phillipines. An oddity to say the least.
That seems to be happening alot lately, we need to shut down the Free Trade A greement all together instead of implementing sanctions. We need to take our great country back into our own hands, we damn sure have the necessary tools to do so.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience." ~