Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > B.V.A.C Ammo & Cheaper Than Dirt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default B.V.A.C Ammo & Cheaper Than Dirt

I received a catalog from CTD that had some really good prices on 40S&W as well as 45 ACP ammo. My question is, does anyone have any history using Cheaper Than Dirt as far as their business practices & can anyone give me any info on the B.V.A.C. ammo. I've never heard of it & don't want to put ammo in any of my weapons that may cause any problems.Thanks alot!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-20-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I have never had a problem with CTD and have bought from them for years. As far as the Bitterroot ammunition, I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds decent.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-20-2010, 06:18 PM   #3

Got some .45ACP from WallyWorld yesterday for $13.97/box of 50. By the time you add shipping, I doubt you will better that price.

BN-Life - NRA
- NRA Certified Instructor -
I'm not worried about terrorism, I was married, TWICE!

Old 06-20-2010, 09:45 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat-inCO View Post
Got some .45ACP from WallyWorld yesterday for $13.97/box of 50. By the time you add shipping, I doubt you will better that price.
I assume they weren't jhp shells, bacause I've bought them at WalMart before & never got them for less than twenty bucks, but still after S&H you're probably right. Thanks for the reply.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:47 PM   #5

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

The BVAC prices on .223 are really attractive. I'd love to know if they are problematic. I'm about to build my first AR-15 and I'm wondering if I should buy some cheap ammo just to be able to through some lead through it, or if I should spend a little more (well, a lot more) money and stick to US-made stuff. Not to mention brass cases.

Edit: Hey! BVAC is US-made! Coooooooool. I'll take 1000 rounds of HPBT 69 grain, please.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Last edited by CHLChris; 06-20-2010 at 11:00 PM. Reason: I was totally wrong!

Old 06-20-2010, 10:49 PM   #6

AboutUs link to the story of who BVAC is

CTD's website has good reviews of the ammo people have purchased.

I was introduced to them at the SHOT Show 2009...real nice folks. They make factory remanufactured and new ammo. Their reloads run in anything because they are full length resized after having been roll sized to return them to SAAMI specs before loading.

Local and State Police Agencies that wont touch HSM after too many guns blown up...are very pleased by the BVAC quality and performance.

My experience has all been positive with their people and ammunition quality.
Cheaper Than Dirt has great prices on the ammo as a master distributor.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:30 AM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
The BVAC prices on .223 are really attractive. I'd love to know if they are problematic. I'm about to build my first AR-15 and I'm wondering if I should buy some cheap ammo just to be able to through some lead through it, or if I should spend a little more (well, a lot more) money and stick to US-made stuff. Not to mention brass cases.

Edit: Hey! BVAC is US-made! Coooooooool. I'll take 1000 rounds of HPBT 69 grain, please.
Cool thanks alot!

Old 06-21-2010, 01:05 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2588 Times on 1361 Posts
Likes Given: 200

I decided to give CTD the boot after they offerred .380 S&B FMJ ammo for $49.95 a box of 50 . They even had the gall to proclaim it "perfect for self defense". .380 FMJ "perfect" for anything but punching paper? $1/round for .380? That kind of price gouging caused me to cancel my subscription to their catalog and ask them to stop sending me e-mails.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 06-21-2010, 01:15 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I have purchased plenty of items from Cheaper than Dirt....still do occasionally, but one thing that they are not is "cheaper than dirt".

TXnorton

Old 06-21-2010, 01:21 PM   #10

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXnorton View Post
I have purchased plenty of items from Cheaper than Dirt....still do occasionally, but one thing that they are not is "cheaper than dirt".
Like Tx said I find the prices on some things great some not so much. With ammo I check the price against local sale then figure in the shipping. Costs for shipping are high due to the weight. Not CTDs fault. Good thing is if you use the CTD shopping cart they will tell you the shipping costs before placing the order. Usually the local sales are better if I have the patience to wait for the sale. Picked up 300 rounds of .556 last night for 100 dollars. About the best I'll get out here for brass cased FMJ.