Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   B.V.A.C Ammo & Cheaper Than Dirt (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/b-v-c-ammo-cheaper-than-dirt-28543/)

Hatchet8 06-20-2010 05:01 PM

B.V.A.C Ammo & Cheaper Than Dirt

I received a catalog from CTD that had some really good prices on 40S&W as well as 45 ACP ammo. My question is, does anyone have any history using Cheaper Than Dirt as far as their business practices & can anyone give me any info on the B.V.A.C. ammo. I've never heard of it & don't want to put ammo in any of my weapons that may cause any problems.Thanks alot!

CA357 06-20-2010 06:58 PM

I have never had a problem with CTD and have bought from them for years. As far as the Bitterroot ammunition, I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds decent.

Pat-inCO 06-20-2010 07:18 PM

Got some .45ACP from WallyWorld yesterday for $13.97/box of 50. By the time you add shipping, I doubt you will better that price. :)

Hatchet8 06-20-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat-inCO (Post 303254)
Got some .45ACP from WallyWorld yesterday for $13.97/box of 50. By the time you add shipping, I doubt you will better that price. :)

I assume they weren't jhp shells, bacause I've bought them at WalMart before & never got them for less than twenty bucks, but still after S&H you're probably right. Thanks for the reply.

CHLChris 06-20-2010 11:47 PM

The BVAC prices on .223 are really attractive. I'd love to know if they are problematic. I'm about to build my first AR-15 and I'm wondering if I should buy some cheap ammo just to be able to through some lead through it, or if I should spend a little more (well, a lot more) money and stick to US-made stuff. Not to mention brass cases.

Edit: Hey! BVAC is US-made! Coooooooool. I'll take 1000 rounds of HPBT 69 grain, please.

Dgunsmith 06-20-2010 11:49 PM

AboutUs link to the story of who BVAC is

CTD's website has good reviews of the ammo people have purchased.

I was introduced to them at the SHOT Show 2009...real nice folks. They make factory remanufactured and new ammo. Their reloads run in anything because they are full length resized after having been roll sized to return them to SAAMI specs before loading.

Local and State Police Agencies that wont touch HSM after too many guns blown up...are very pleased by the BVAC quality and performance.

My experience has all been positive with their people and ammunition quality.
Cheaper Than Dirt has great prices on the ammo as a master distributor.

Hatchet8 06-21-2010 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHLChris (Post 303418)
The BVAC prices on .223 are really attractive. I'd love to know if they are problematic. I'm about to build my first AR-15 and I'm wondering if I should buy some cheap ammo just to be able to through some lead through it, or if I should spend a little more (well, a lot more) money and stick to US-made stuff. Not to mention brass cases.

Edit: Hey! BVAC is US-made! Coooooooool. I'll take 1000 rounds of HPBT 69 grain, please.

Cool thanks alot!

robocop10mm 06-21-2010 02:05 PM

I decided to give CTD the boot after they offerred .380 S&B FMJ ammo for $49.95 a box of 50 :eek:. They even had the gall to proclaim it "perfect for self defense". .380 FMJ "perfect" for anything but punching paper? $1/round for .380? That kind of price gouging caused me to cancel my subscription to their catalog and ask them to stop sending me e-mails.

TXnorton 06-21-2010 02:15 PM

I have purchased plenty of items from Cheaper than Dirt....still do occasionally, but one thing that they are not is "cheaper than dirt".

Jo da Plumbr 06-21-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXnorton (Post 303999)
I have purchased plenty of items from Cheaper than Dirt....still do occasionally, but one thing that they are not is "cheaper than dirt".

Like Tx said I find the prices on some things great some not so much. With ammo I check the price against local sale then figure in the shipping. Costs for shipping are high due to the weight. Not CTDs fault. Good thing is if you use the CTD shopping cart they will tell you the shipping costs before placing the order. Usually the local sales are better if I have the patience to wait for the sale. Picked up 300 rounds of .556 last night for 100 dollars. About the best I'll get out here for brass cased FMJ.