Is this armor piercing? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Is this armor piercing?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsl
suckers who "think" that they want an old clunker bolt action for combat deserve whatever scams guys pull on them, in my book. A 10 year old kid can see that an autoloader is a much better choice. Why would AP matter, except for combat,hmm? You can plink with a .22 auto, so why shoot so much less (with the cost of any centerfire ammo)?
Start talking crap about the mosin and you'll get flamed like crazy on here. Seams to b a growing trend for you on here though...
Old 06-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #22

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

I think you could shoot rocks through a MN barrel and it would jsut laugh at you and say look at me I shot a rock HA HA HA HA (All in a Russian accent like FPSRussia).

Old 06-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #23

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsl View Post
suckers who "think" that they want an old clunker bolt action for combat deserve whatever scams guys pull on them, in my book. A 10 year old kid can see that an autoloader is a much better choice. Why would AP matter, except for combat,hmm? You can plink with a .22 auto, so why shoot so much less (with the cost of any centerfire ammo)?
I think we need a new thread in the General forum called Dumbest Post of the Day. You sir should be the first one on it.

While the MN isn't a good looking rifle. It is built to withstand anything from -60* to thermonuclear war to Zebra hunting. They have a good range, they are cheap and ammo is plentiful. I think the highest price I have seen one go for was about $150 You can get ammo for 23 cents a round. Hell I can't load 556 that cheap. Not only can I shoot you from 6 football fields away I can stab the piss out of you at 3 football fields.

Not everyone can afford a $1500 AR with optics, speedloaders, and tactical treat containers.

Just about everyone can afford a MN. Just look at what the Russians did to Germany with a bunch of old clunker bolt guns. Germans had superior weapons, superior troops, Superior tanks.

Let me think about this. Would you rather face....

A. 600,000 Americans armed with this old clunker bolt gun.
or
B. 100,000 Americans with AR's?

10. $79.95 on sale
9. Fun for the whole Family
8. Cheap Ammo
7. Fireballs are fun on New Years Eve
6. One word- Shishkabob
5. Can hit the side of a barn from two countries over
4. Girls like hard wood
3. The new kids with Aks will laugh until you 3" group at 1000 yards
2. My bullet is almost always bigger than yours
1. It Scares politicians

Old 06-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #24

Liked 718 Times on 495 Posts
Likes Given: 743

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsl View Post
He did not get scammed, he asked a question. You must freqent Arf.com daily. Lets talk ammo. 50 rounds of .22lr can go for $5.00 these days. I have 880round cases that cost me 120.00 of 7.62x54r. .13 a round. .22lr is .10. Even if it cost him .25 a round that is his choice. As far as an old clunker, I have a few. It is proficency not rate of fire that wins at distance. Small group engagements at distance are won by the Marksmen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post
Start talking crap about the mosin and you'll get flamed like crazy on here. Seams to b a growing trend for you on here though...
Every post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post
I think we need a new thread in the General forum called Dumbest Post of the Day. You sir should be the first one on it.

While the MN isn't a good looking rifle. It is built to withstand anything from -60* to thermonuclear war to Zebra hunting. They have a good range, they are cheap and ammo is plentiful. I think the highest price I have seen one go for was about $150 You can get ammo for 23 cents a round. Hell I can't load 556 that cheap. Not only can I shoot you from 6 football fields away I can stab the piss out of you at 3 football fields.

Not everyone can afford a $1500 AR with optics, speedloaders, and tactical treat containers.

Just about everyone can afford a MN. Just look at what the Russians did to Germany with a bunch of old clunker bolt guns. Germans had superior weapons, superior troops, Superior tanks.

Let me think about this. Would you rather face....

A. 600,000 Americans armed with this old clunker bolt gun.
or
B. 100,000 Americans with AR's?

10. $79.95 on sale
9. Fun for the whole Family
8. Cheap Ammo
7. Fireballs are fun on New Years Eve
6. One word- Shishkabob
5. Can hit the side of a barn from two countries over
4. Girls like hard wood
3. The new kids with Aks will laugh until you 3" group at 1000 yards
2. My bullet is almost always bigger than yours
1. It Scares politicians

Can't add a thing! BTW this and this are old clunkers that will castrate you (ttsl) at 600 yards.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Last edited by jpattersonnh; 06-06-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:42 PM   #25

Liked 2215 Times on 1301 Posts
Likes Given: 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmallcrew View Post
. Magnet test is really the only test to see if it has a steel core other than shooting at a piece of steel.,
The magnet test tells you nothing with Russian Ammo. The jackets have steel in the alloy that a magnet will stick to no matter what the core has in it.

The only way to really know is to sacrifice a round, pull the bullet and cut it to reveal the core and see if a penetrator is in there.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:15 AM   #26

Liked 87 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post
I think you could shoot rocks through a MN barrel and it would jsut laugh at you and say look at me I shot a rock HA HA HA HA (All in a Russian accent like FPSRussia).
You made me think of that in my head. Can't stop laughing.