Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Is Anyone "Stocking Up" Before The Election ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Default Is Anyone "Stocking Up" Before The Election ?

Cabela's predicts a minimum 25% increase in gun sales if Romney loses. If he does this will be shades of 2008 all over again, but much worse. People will wait until the election, then if Hussein gets in again, they'll run like sheep and strip the shelves bare.

I'm always sure I have plenty on hand, but in the next few weeks we have before the election, I'm going to purchase a lot more. If Romney pulls it off, it will all get shot up in time anyway, so it's not like I'm out anything.

Also, you can bet powder, bullets, and primers will go at a record pace as well. This will also drive up prices even higher. If it happens, I don't expect them to come down to current levels, anymore than they did last time. Before 2008 I was buying CCI Blazer Brass .45 ACP, 230 Gr. FMJ for $9.97 at Wal-Mart. After the insanity of the 2008 election it went to over double. It only came back slightly after these people realized the sky wasn't falling. 9 MM was a little better. It went from $7.97 a box for FMJ, to well over double. But it returned to $9.97 a box after the scare was over. Reloading components did much the same. Especially the Haz-Mat items.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #2

Liked 1416 Times on 817 Posts
Likes Given: 989

I am a serious reloader. I am still stocked up from last time. I shoot a lot. But I reload a lot to make up for it. I dont think I ever fall below 500 roounds of anything I actually shoot. I keep a lot of components in stock too. I could probably go well over a year without buying components. If I stopped reloading it would probably take me 3 or 4 years to shoot everything I have.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #3

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

I'm much the same. Plenty of everything. But I'm still going to buy more before the election, if for no other reason to capitalize on lower prices that are sure to increase if the election goes south.

Old 09-19-2012, 04:20 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

"People will wait until the election, then if Hussein gets in again, they'll run like sheep and strip the shelves bare."

I'm sure that's true. I was sure it was a sheeple scare in '08 because the party of people control would be looking toward '12. They won't have that to be concerned about after November and, as the POTUS told Medevev, "I'll have more flexibilty after the next election" he obviously plans to take advantage of that lack of inhibition if he wins. Even if he loses he will play havoc on us with 'executive orders' the last few months he will have to do so.

Old 09-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 983 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 1776

I dont know that it even makes sense bill but if what Im looking for isnt in stock I buy something else in a common caliber that is , even if I dont have a gun to shoot that caliber , good trading material for later . Call me crazy
" my wife certainly does" but I cannot get enough ammo . I bought a used 24 gun safe just to keep ammo in . waiting on more .223 and 9mm to hit the shelves here locally so I can go buy up what I can afford I figure another 1000 rds of each is about right for the day

Last edited by purehavoc; 09-19-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Old 09-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #6

Liked 168 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I believe in maintaining a minimum number of SD and target rounds per each handgun/longgun that I own. My present stockpile of target ammo will support my training program for the next three years or so. Hopefully my SD/HD stockpile will be sufficient if the SHTF, if not, I'll shoot the bad guys with cheap old target ammo and reloads

I do believe we will have more to worry about than ammo if Obama is re-elected.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #7
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5618 Times on 3304 Posts
Likes Given: 4704

I will probably restock for the SKS and the .45ACP.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 09-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I have been stocking my reloading supplies over the past few months. Ammo is going up here in Virginia. Only by a couple of cents but its still an increase.

I was at a gun show yesterday and reloading components were scarce. A lot of people stocking up. And whats funny, 9mm was the hardest projectile to come by!!!!! People were grabbing it up left and right. I was able to pick up some RN 115gr and some RN 95gr. A total of 400 projectiles. Small pistol primers were few and far between. Brass was here and there but not much. I did notice people buy ammo in bulk. Cases and cases were being sold.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #9

Liked 310 Times on 217 Posts
Likes Given: 536

I'm not worried about it. Nothing will change no matter who gets elected; maybe in the very beginning, but then when the dust settles, things will go back to normal.
cottontop

Old 09-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 181 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I been stocking 1K rounds of the PMC 223 from Cabelas. $5.99/box and $5 shipping. I'd probably get more.