Anyone running into Reload supply shortage? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Anyone running into Reload supply shortage?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 12:44 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts

Everything here is pretty much back to normal other than brass. Alliant powder is hard to come by.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #12

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I have not been able to buy 230-grain RN bullets for my .45 cap loading or H4350 powder for my .270 and .243 loads. I have been trying to get these items for months.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

I'm having a little problem with the concept that so many people are buying this stuff that the producers can't keep up with the demand. Everywhere I look, the web sites of suppliers of powder, primers, brass, and slugs have "Out of Stock" posted for pretty much every item they list. If they have no stock, how can anybody be buying the stuff? Are they filling orders for our ever-popular government that are being ordered specifically to take the products off the market?

Old 07-11-2013, 02:53 AM   #14

Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts

Well I figured if Obummer got re-elected it would be shortage #2, so November I stocked up. I remember getting Wolf large pistol primers on sale for $14. Today, I saw exactly one place online that still has some in stock....for $50!!!!!!

Danged gougers.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:28 AM   #15
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1256 Times on 713 Posts
Likes Given: 599

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
I'm having a little problem with the concept that so many people are buying this stuff that the producers can't keep up with the demand. Everywhere I look, the web sites of suppliers of powder, primers, brass, and slugs have "Out of Stock" posted for pretty much every item they list. If they have no stock, how can anybody be buying the stuff? Are they filling orders for our ever-popular government that are being ordered specifically to take the products off the market?
The problem isn't with the reloader's,it's the factory ammo shortage that's causing a shortage in the reloading supply chain.
A large majority of Primers/Powder/Brass/Bullets are being used to try and produce factory ammo,so there's a lot less being offered to the dealers of Reloading supplies.
Powder Valley is very behind,and chances are if you see an item in stock when you order it,by the time they get to your order,it is out of stock.
I placed an order for 5 different powders that were in stock when I ordered,but when they got to my order,they only had 1 type in stock,and only 1 type of primers that I ordered.
If you placed an order right now with them,it would be July 24th before they would get to your order.They are filling orders for June 23rd right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandog56 View Post
Well I figured if Obummer got re-elected it would be shortage #2, so November I stocked up. I remember getting Wolf large pistol primers on sale for $14. Today, I saw exactly one place online that still has some in stock....for $50!!!!!!

Danged gougers.
I know how you feel! My local supplier has raised his prices up so much that I cussed him out.He has forever lost my business!
8 lb of H414 = $200
Primers = $50 per 1k

I'm in no need for anything at the present time,so I can wait this deal out for several years if I have to,but I will never purchase another item from anyone that takes advantage of the situation with their longtime customers.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Anna_Purna Likes This 
Old 07-11-2013, 04:19 AM   #16
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8841 Times on 5117 Posts
Likes Given: 11546

Things are pretty sparse around here. Nobody has anything larger than 1 lb of powder, when they have it. Primers are starting to show up here and there in small quantities. Same thing with bullets.

I am good on cases and primers. I can cast bullets and I have plenty of .308 and .224 Hornady bullets (bulk purchase awhile ago from Natchez). What I need is powder for the AR. I have been using H335 but I am down to my last 8 lbs. Haven't been able to find anything comparable that is available anywhere.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Txhillbilly: "I know how you feel! My local supplier has raised his prices up so much that I cussed him out. He has forever lost my business!
8 lb of H414 = $200
Primers = $50 per 1k"
Amen. It is almost not worth the effort to reload if it's going to cost more than buying factory ammo. And the gougers will have a hard time staying in business. Everybody will remember this s**t.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:59 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

There is finally a little improvement in the situation. I was able to buy 500 cast bullets each in 180 gr lead .40, 240 gr lead .44, and 230 gr lead .45 acp bullets and plenty of primers. So my son and I can go to the outdoor range and make some noise for a little while.
The prices are a little high, but reloading is still cheaper than the ridiculous
prices for factory ammo (when they have factory ammo).

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 07-30-2013 at 02:01 PM.
ratpacker Likes This