Anyone reloading BVAC brass?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Anyone reloading BVAC brass?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 04:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Anyone reloading BVAC brass?

Hey guys, 100% new to the world of reloading but looking into it to reduce costs firing my new pistols, I've found buying bulk .45 LC from BVAC would be the way to go but couldn't find much if people are reloading the brass from them and before I go buying a heap of ammo I wanted to be sure the brass will make good candidates for reloads.

Any experience you have with them will be helpful.

Robert.B - SA fanatic.
Lupus non mordet lupum.
==========================================
- Cimarron "Pistolero" in .45 Colt, 4 3/4" barrel.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-16-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2845 Times on 1484 Posts
Likes Given: 251

It appears from their site all their brass is bew and boxer primed. Why would you have any reservations?

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
It appears from their site all their brass is bew and boxer primed. Why would you have any reservations?
Being one of the cheapest rounds in that caliber I can find to buy bulk I don't know what sort of quality the brass would be produced with, and wanted to see if anyone had any issues with them...better to ask considering I have zero reloading experience.

Robert.B - SA fanatic.
Lupus non mordet lupum.
==========================================
- Cimarron "Pistolero" in .45 Colt, 4 3/4" barrel.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #4

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

It appears to be good its not remanufactured stuff so it should do you just fine.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk

Old 01-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

they are in the business of loading ammo, so more than likely they have the brass made for them by some supplier who probably supplies for a lot of ammo manufacturers. try them out and see how good the brass is, then give an update about it.

i buy my brass in bulk from Midway. unprimed once fired from winchester, remington, starline or federal. i run them through my resizer, deburr the primer pocket, check and adjust the OAL, chamfer the neck and reload. if looking for brass for reloading, check out Midway. they have great service, decent prices and fast shipping.