Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > ammunition sources

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default ammunition sources

I've had a great experience with LuckyGunner.com. Prices are good and they run specials as well. Shipping was reasonable and quick

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #2

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barchetta365 View Post
I've had a great experience with LuckyGunner.com. Prices are good and they run specials as well. Shipping was reasonable and quick
Have to ask as this is your first post (Welcome) - do you work for them?

Old 01-13-2011, 05:49 AM   #3

I don't work for LuckyGunner. I'm only a satisfied customer. In fact, I live in Georgia, not far from you.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:59 AM   #4

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Midsouth Shooters Supply, Reloading, Air Guns, Optics, Muzzleloaders & Shooting Supplies

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #5

This account is the only one that is associated with LuckyGunner.com.

Thank you for the positive review.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:36 AM   #6

I have also had great luck (no pun intended) with LuckyGunner. Haven't placed order in awhile due to recent reloading habits. I remember an order I placed in Aug. they had reloaded 9mm at a price I haven't seen since.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:33 PM   #7

Default 2nd Purchase from Lucky Gunner

First, I do not work for, nor am I affiliated with, LuckyGunner.com.

Second, I recently placed another order. Again great service and shipping speed. One of their secrets is the real-time inventory system. If it shows "in-stock" on the site, they have it to sell.

How many other vendors do this? Very few. I buy more online than just ammo. I've had terrible experiences with Optics Planet, Botach Tactical and the worst, Impact Guns. All three often have great prices, but items are sometimes not in stock.

I've also had great experiences with LA Police Gear, especially for Maxpedition items.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barchetta365 View Post
If it shows "in-stock" on the site, they have it to sell.

How many other vendors do this?
Do you really want a list, or was that a rhetorical question?? You'll get a shorter list if you ask for those that don't have a decent inventory system. Even a lot of the private owned sellers I deal with keep you apprised of their available stock on the web. Some only let you know if/when you try to add something to your cart, but everyone I buy from has stock status before placing the order.

Optics Planet lost my business because they backordered several items on two separate orders with out one word of the backorder. I e-mailed them about a third order I was going to place and a few of those items were not in stock either, so I just quit using their site altogether.

Lucky Gunner does have some good prices on centerfire ammo, I can save a bit on rimfire elsewhere.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #9

I already have a short preferred vendor list, but I'm always open to a recommendation. My frustration comes from the sheer number of sites with an overall poor website design. The vendor may have great products and/or prices, but the buying process is corrupted by a lack of basic features, only one of which is a real-time inventory system. Most of the issues I've experienced would likely be solved if the business simply attempted to shop on their own site.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #10

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I agree about the poor inventory tracking on some sites. I have stopped ordering ammo from Sportsman's Guide because of repeated backorders.

The product would show available, but after placing the order I would get an email that the product was not in stock, estimated shipping in a month or two. Then in a a week or so the shipping date would get pushed back some more. It seemed that this would happen when there was an especially good price on something and they wanted to sell it at a higher price, can't back that up, but I'm cynical.