Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > ammo at walmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 123 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
How paranoid can you get? Nothing is going to happen. It seems like some guys want something to happen so that they can play real life cowboys. Guys like to talk big, but what would happen if some cowboy wannabe actually shot someone because they thought some "revolution" was starting? The reality is that no one would shoot anybody except some nut and there are enough of those around already with or without a revolution.
cottontop
Purely speculation on your behalf. Of all points.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 11-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #32

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisbob
Picking up some ammo. Guy on line in front of me just bought $1, 313.00 worth and took all the 9mm I did not pickup.
I was at a store once when that happened. The guy that's behind me in line said no worries, at least I know where to go to get ammo now. Pretty scary thing to hear. It's way to easy to find folks now days and of course that got me to thinking. Why wouldn't someone just buy a large amount on line? It would be like going to the bank and withdrawing a very large amount of cash. Just paints you as a target IMO.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #33

Liked 310 Times on 217 Posts
Likes Given: 536

Default ammo

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
Purely speculation on your behalf. Of all points.

Thanks. You have proven my point.
cottontop

Old 11-19-2012, 12:38 AM   #34

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Not keeping up with the times

It absolutely amazes me about cowboys,paranoria ect.Seems to me that buying and stocking ammo is a very wise thing to do in view of The Leader of the current administration doing everything is his power... example: notifing the United Nations that he is ready to sign the arms legislation with them,or his currently banning over 100000 US mfg Carbines and .45 automatics that were given as lend lease to re enter the county and be sold to US Citizens .Have you read what the United Nation arms treaty intends to do?Hasn't anyone noticed the willingness of the current administration to severely limit US citizens access to guns and ammo--even to the point of taking away the weaponty guaranteed to the citzens under the constitution and Bill of Rights.The countries where the governments have taken total control of the people thru out history are ones where the citizens didnt have the ability to stand up and fight if need be. I have supported my nation for over 43 years both as a soldier and as a civilian employee and will continue to do so until I return to the earth from which I came--but being prepared is what its is all about weather be your life,home or country.

Last edited by bill2390; 11-19-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: To correct errors

Old 11-19-2012, 01:55 AM   #35

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2390 View Post
It absolutely amazes me about cowboys/paranoria ect/seems to me that buying and stocking ammo is a very wise thing to do in view of The Leader of the current administration doing everything is his power-ie notifing the United Nations that he is ready to sign the arms legislation with them//or his currently banning over 100000 US mfg Carbines and .45 automatics that where given as lend lease to re enter the county and be sold to US Citizens// have you read what the United Nation arms treaty intends to do?/ hasnt anyone noticed the willingness of the current administration to severely limit US citizens access to guns/ammo--even to the point of taking away the weaponty guaranteed ti the citzens ubder the constitution and Bill of Rights/the countries where the governments have taken total control of the people thru out history are ones where the citizens didnt have the ability to stand up and fight if need be. I have supported my nation for over 43 years both as a soldier and as a civilian employee and will continue to do so until I return to the earth from which I came--but being prepared is what its is all about weather be your life/home/or country.
I can't read this, sentences, punctuation and paragraphs please.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

cottontop Likes This 
Old 11-19-2012, 03:08 AM   #36

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus

I just skip those now. I still feel like crap for using the word "retard" on a guy with a kid who has down syndrome when he posted something like that.

Easier to just keep my mouth shut (or fingers still).
Old 11-19-2012, 03:12 AM   #37

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

It's like I've said before, I personally find it disrespectful. I feel it's almost equivalent to talking over someone when no punctuation is used. Almost like a combination of "you're not important enough for me to make my thoughts clear to you" and "let me hurry up and put this out there".

Not to mention I seem to get out of breath when reading like that.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:21 AM   #38

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
It's like I've said before, I personally find it disrespectful. I feel it's almost equivalent to talking over someone when no punctuation is used. Almost like a combination of "you're not important enough for me to make my thoughts clear to you" and "let me hurry up and put this out there".

Not to mention I seem to get out of breath when reading like that.
No doubt, I'm not trying to be a penis but it's absolutely the equivalent of being rude, unless it's 120 characters on twitter or text messages or your space bar is broke but if that was the case I'd just not post until I was able to remedy whatever my technological ailment was. I'm just not going to read incoherent babble except in the case of English being a second language but even then, that level of of jibber jabber is a rarity.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 485 Times on 235 Posts
Likes Given: 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
It's true enough that bills writing style is awkward. The use of forward slashes might indicate he's using some device other than a standard computer. I took the liberty, with all due respect to bill, to re-format his post to see what he was saying. We might cut him some slack. He seems to have a few creds.

Here is my version of bill's post. Not that I'm an expert on writing styles!

bill, please excuse any mis-interpretations I may have inadvertently injected.

"It seems to me that buying and stocking ammo is a very wise thing to do in view of The Leader of the current administration doing everything in his power: for example….notifying the United Nations that he is ready to sign the arms legislation with them...or his currently banning over 100,000 US mfg.
carbines and .45 automatics that were given as lend-lease to re-enter the country and be sold to US citizens.

Have you read what the United Nations arms treaty intends to do?

Hasn't anyone noticed the willingness of the current administration to severely limit US citizens' access to guns/ammo? Even to the point of taking away the weaponry guaranteed to the citizens under the Constitution and the Bill of Rights? The countries where the governments have taken total control of the people thru-out history are ones where the citizens didn't have the ability to stand up and fight if need be.

I have supported my nation for over 43 years both as a soldier and as a civilian employee and will continue to do so until I return to the Earth from which I came.

But being prepared is what it's all about….. whether it be your life, your home or your country."
Old 11-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #40

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

I just finished shooting some Estate out of my 870 Express 20 gauge. I have to say, I have never been less impressed with ammo. Every other shot the shell would get stuck and I had to really pump it hard to get it out. By stuck I mean STUCK. Has anybody else experienced this?