Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Ammo supply and demand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Oh, it was 9 mm, they also had 250 of 45ACP, but my LGS has it in stock most days , and they haven't been jacking the prices up , so ill continue to buy most my stuff from him.

Them and Wally have been getting shipments daily , it's been lasting longer on the shelfs too, so I would have to agree that it's starting to come around.

Cheers !!

Old 05-26-2013, 10:26 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2172 Times on 1286 Posts
Likes Given: 1148

Personally, I think not buying ridiculously priced ammo is a great idea! Now, all we have to do is convince the tens of millions of other firearms owners and the folks gouging the living s#!t out of people not to purchase any also!

That's easy..........................NOT!

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

Old 05-26-2013, 11:17 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
Personally, I think not buying ridiculously priced ammo is a great idea! Now, all we have to do is convince the tens of millions of other firearms owners and the folks gouging the living s#!t out of people not to purchase any also!

That's easy..........................NOT!
Looking back on what I bought for some depth of supply three years ago, "ridiculously priced ammo" bought today is tomorrow's object of envy. You'd be amazed what I have and what I paid, pounced on and stored away before things got crazy in that day's terms. Then there was no mention of obscenely large, competing orders by government agencies. There was no mention of banning import of ammunition.

BTW, I have more quality name brand 22LR than I know what to do with but think I'll just sit on it for now. I have never resold ammo and have no plan to do so.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:36 PM   #24

Liked 812 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by at_liberty View Post
Looking back on what I bought for some depth of supply three years ago, "ridiculously priced ammo" bought today is tomorrow's object of envy. You'd be amazed what I have and what I paid, pounced on and stored away before things got crazy in that day's terms. Then there was no mention of obscenely large, competing orders by government agencies. There was no mention of banning import of ammunition.

BTW, I have more quality name brand 22LR than I know what to do with but think I'll just sit on it for now. I have never resold ammo and have no plan to do so.
I never "had" to buy ammo. And I'm with you...

Old 05-27-2013, 01:54 AM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Yes, 22LR is hard to find. I paid $70 for 555 rounds of hollow point at a local gun show last weekend and felt like that was a good price considering what I have paid for it the last few months. Got 1000 rounds of 22 short for a little over $130 about 6 weeks ago. It is out there but not in many stores. I got mine at gunbroker.com. I ordered 500 rounds from nilands place back in March for $39.95 and I am still waiting for it to arrive.

It is better to have what you do not need rather than to need what you do not have.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:17 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 182 Times on 157 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Check out backpage.com and choose your state and city. Some of them are selling at reasonable prices.