Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Ammo supply and demand (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/ammo-supply-demand-90969/)

Adumu 05-20-2013 02:02 PM

Ammo supply and demand

This is just a random thought I had this morning, but why do we keep buying ammo for so much more in such little quantities? Shouldn't we all just quit buying for a few weeks, or maybe a month? That way factories would get backed up; prices drop and they would be forced to catch up instead of providing it in limited quantity?

RRoss 05-20-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adumu (Post 1252433)
This is just a random thought I had this morning, but why do we keep buying ammo for so much more in such little quantities? Shouldn't we all just quit buying for a few weeks, or maybe a month? That way factories would get backed up; prices drop and they would be forced to catch up instead of providing it in limited quantity?

I haven't bought ammo for a good 4 months and now there is NOTHING available to buy at all. This has kept me from the range and it's starting to concern me. I might have to drive about 1 1/2hrs to a gun shop that I know gets weekly shipments and their prices are pre panic.
The only way I could see your suggestion working is if EVERYONE followed suit, and we all know that won't happen. The manufacturers just need to catch up.

HockaLouis 05-20-2013 02:30 PM

Here we go again. LOL
Even Hussein Obama can't repeal the law of supply and demand...
Besides, there's no problem. Ammo's coming back now...

Adumu 05-20-2013 02:32 PM

Hahaha has this statement been made already? Cause I've seen alot of people say the gov is buying it up, but if you go to Walmart you see the real culprits. They are working bullets like gas prices, we all want and need it, and they have it

HockaLouis 05-20-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockaLouis (Post 1252459)
...there's no problem. Ammo's coming back now...

Not to worry:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/dare-i-say-i-think-i-see-light-end-ammo-tunnel-89858/

BlueTurf 05-20-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adumu (Post 1252460)
Hahaha has this statement been made already? Cause I've seen alot of people say the gov is buying it up, but if you go to Walmart you see the real culprits. They are working bullets like gas prices, we all want and need it, and they have it

You got it! I have seen the real culprits myself. They line up at the stores that sell ammo and grab all they can get their hands on as soon as the doors open. Many of the grabbers are scalping the ammo like concert tickets to make a quick easy buck. Some of these people are showing up at the gun shows with outrageous prices on their ammo. Others are just simply hoarding it. The ammo distributers and retailers are working this situation and raising the prices, knowing it will sell. We keep hearing about the government buying all of the ammo but plain old greed more than anything is causing the current supply and availability situation we are experiencing.

kingrider 05-20-2013 03:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Attachment 101911

Attachment 101912

Maybe I have been dreaming I was buying components again lol!

HockaLouis 05-20-2013 03:57 PM

Don't tell me, tell the first two posters. HockaLouis knows we have turned the corner; that inventory is back on the shelves and the prices are back to normal because he read it right here...

kytowboater 05-20-2013 04:17 PM

All my lgs have popular rifle calibers in stock in quantity at a fair price. The only lacking however is 9mm 45acp and yet sadly 22lr still for some reason.

Adumu 05-20-2013 05:55 PM

I have been seeing rounds gracing our shelves more and more, don't get me wrong, but still many rounds like the 7.62x39 are being sold one box per customer, and like was said above me even .22lr are non existent many times on the shelves