Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Ammo in stock?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Ammo in stock?

I heard an ammo manufacture on a radio talk show call in and state that his company is going to stop putting the Government first, and start fulfilling the regular customer orders first. I cannot remember who that was but you could place an order directly with them ...

Can this thread be a place to post if you know of a manufacturer who will do this too? We need to find them ... even call some perhaps. This is rediculous that they are buying up all the ammo as if there is an ammo-ban already in place - we are being denied, and we are paying for it with our tax dollars on top of that!!

Post ...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #2

Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1098

I could be wrong, but I'm not a believer that the government is buying all the ammo.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #3

Liked 376 Times on 232 Posts
Likes Given: 156

A local range here in Louisville is having a "Great American Share-Ammo Program". Not advertising for them, but I think this is a great idea!

OPENRANGEs GREAT AMERICAN AMMO-SHARE PROGRAM
Some facts∑

1. Ammo is temporarily scarce right now. Openrange is doing everything
it can to supply our customers with ammo.
2. The gov‚t isn‚t stockpiling ammo. Consumers are hording ammo.
3. There is way more than enough ammo to go around if everyone would share.

OPENRANGE‚s GREAT AMERICAN AMMO-SHARE PROGRAM will:
a) Exchange your excess ammo for money.
b) Make ammo available for needy (non hording) shooters.
c) Allow you to maintain a healthy supply (enough for zombies)

How it works:
We buy back excess factory ammo from you.
Ammo must have been factory new (not reloads) in a factory box less than 2 years old.
No steel or aluminum cases, no steel core bullets.
Please understand your ammo is considered used once it leaves a store and we‚ve attempted to give you as much as possible.

We pay the following:
9mm - $15 box for 50 rounds
40 - $18 box for 50 rounds
45 auto - $20 box for 50 rounds
22 - $3 box for 50 rounds, $15 for unopened, bulk 325 rounds

Openrange‚s GREAT AMERICAN AMMO-SHARE PROGRAM will support the firearms community and breath life into the shooting sports. It will allow Openrange to continue to offer excellent customer service for all its customers.

Bring your factory ammo in today and ask for a manager to help with Openrange's Great American Ammo-Share program.

01100011011011110110110101100101001000000110000101 10111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110 01010010000001110100011010000110010101101101

Old 04-10-2013, 11:12 PM   #4

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglesam View Post
I could be wrong, but I'm not a believer that the government is buying all the ammo.
Only the most paranoid of us all think that they are

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 04-12-2013, 12:50 AM   #5

Liked 204 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Quote:
Maybe not for theirselves, but how many countries do we supply with arms and aid, we don't really send them money you know but "AID" now what's that?, credit card purchases for hot water bottles? How many millions of rounds do they send to Israel or Eygpt or to Saudi Arabia, yes purchased directly by these countries and paid for with government credits as foreign aid. You do know the state department has to approve these exports and guess who's their boss and would like to see us without ammo and guns?

I will believe the government when they stop reading our electronic mail, listening to our phone calls and stop killing Americans overseas without even a trial with drones and maybe tell us the truth once in a while without Wicki-Leaks leaking the truth.

Till then I will still be skeptical about anything they tell us.

Jim
Old 04-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #6

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglesam View Post
You are totally correct. DHS buying over $2Billion worth of hollow-point? It's against the International Rules of Engagement to use anything but NATO rounds, let alone use hollow-point. They are for us and they are buying vast orders of 9mm, .40 cal, .45 cal, 5.56, and others even, to create a defacto "ammo ban" by denying us citizens!

We need to see if we can find a Patriot ammo manufacture that is willing to sell to us here first. The Government has submitted Purchase Orders that most manufactures will barely be able to fill for the rest of the year.

Please call some manufactures and post if you find one willing to sell to us like that one I posted about originally (but forgot the stupid name).

Old 04-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

The ammo shortage has less to do with the Government buying it all and more to do with *******s hording ammo or buying for resale. I just got back over 1000 rounds 9mm and .223/5.56. I have no intention of stockpiling. I plan on shooting it. But I like to know I can go shoot a couple hundred rounds without completely drying up my stock. I wish Walmart would limit a person to buying 5 boxes a month.

There is a group of people in Louisville, KY that are going around to every Walmart in the area. If one of them finds ammo in stock, they call the people in the group and they come buy as much as possible. That **** makes me sick. Get a life.

If you have over 5000 rounds in a caliber, I think your good for a while. Quit being a dick to society.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Last edited by Squawk; 04-12-2013 at 07:06 PM.
bigjim Likes This 
Old 04-13-2013, 01:17 AM   #8

Yes, hording and profiteering does go on, but I'm not convinced that what is happening is only about this. I don't buy ammo, what I shoot is what I make and I have been doing this for a little while. Most reloaders will buy components in bulk, it's just cheaper that way. I could understand commercial ammo drying up off the shelves with all the new shooters due to purchases of so many firearms in the last three months, but that does not account for the fact that ALL the components are off the shelfs as well. A run on bullets, that I could understand but once a reloader has over 5 thousand of a caliber he generally stops buying it. Powder maybe but if he has over 20 lbs of powder it is senseless to just keep stocking up on the same thing unless he is buying for the next 15 years. Now cases that's the one that makes no sense at all. All reloaders reuse their cases unless they are damaged. And as to pistol cases, I get all I need when I go to the range as picked up range brass. Can someone tell me why there is no pistol caliber cases on the shelves. This may not be Denmark but something smells very fishy.

I would like to see the shipping records for the last 90 days from the likes of Remington or Winchester or Lake City. That would tell us where all this ammo and components have been going. And we would not need any guesses to tell us what is happening.

Jim

If they are making 100s of millions of rounds per month, where are they shipping it all to???????

Last edited by bigjim; 04-13-2013 at 01:31 AM.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:44 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

http://www.onenewsnow.com/afa-blogs/2013/03/05/obama-administration-buying-up-all-ammo-to-keep-it-from-citizens

???????

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 04-13-2013, 02:04 AM   #10

Interesting broadcast, LOL, our tax dollars at work against us. (LOL)

Jim