Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Ammo Shortage Solutions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 864 Times on 574 Posts
Likes Given: 216

We are deep into an ammo drought. With no rain in sight.

Nationwide, only sporadic shipments of ammo here and there.

We are in dangerous times. Our freedoms are being challenged, and a firearm is no better than the healthy supply of ammo available.

Ammo, traditionally has several uses, some prevailed upon more than others, that tend to fall into these general categories.

Leisure, plinking, target shooting

Hunting

Police

Military

Militia

Gunsmithing

As a citizen of the USA, we most often fall into the first two categories, and it is the first category, that tends to burn up ammo, with nothing to show for it, except experience, and entertainment.

I highly suggest, all firearms usage, be curtailed for the next 90 days for the expressed use of experience, leisure, entertainment, and yes, male bonding. Lol

We have entered a crisis because the ammo shortages have made it difficult for police, sheriffs and citizens with militia concerns, to maintain a necessary storehouse of ammo.

I suggest every able bodied human hit your local Wal-Mart's, daily, looking for the ammo you need to refill or first fill your storehouse, and then, while you are making provisions for the present needs, and the uncertain future, not plinking it away as fast as you locate ammo.

I promise to only buy ammo for the next 90 days, and not shoot a single round needlessly, and to reassess the crisis in 90 days.

I also pledge to send the NRA one penny for every round of ammo I purchase, as a way to repay karma, luck, providence, Gods, gods, lessor gods or whoever or whatever.

Will you also join in this pledge?

Last edited by AR10; 01-27-2013 at 08:35 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1013 Times on 702 Posts
Likes Given: 346

The time to deal with an ammo shortage has passed. Regardless of popular opinion Obama was a huge favorite to win the election. If you were surprised we are having an ammo shortage right now I don't know what to say. The summer before the election I was buying ammo by the case. I even bought a case of 223 ammo and I hate the frikin gun. But you never know what was going to happen and hurricane season will be here before a steady supply of ammo. My stuff is not getting looted because I didn't buy ammo.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #3

Liked 405 Times on 247 Posts
Likes Given: 20

All I can say is I'm glad I saved my .223 shells. I don't have to really worry about buying ammo unless its for my shotgun and I already have a bunch of those shells and can make more

Old 01-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #4

Liked 267 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Now I just wish I could find powder and primers and I would be set.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #5

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Here is a source for some powder and large primers.

http://store.thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com/browse.cfm/2,3611.html

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-27-2013, 04:09 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2262 Times on 1188 Posts
Likes Given: 155

Powdervalley has a good selection of propellants and primers. You need to order a decent amount to defray the haz-mat charges. I should have 19 lbs delivered early next week.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #7

Liked 310 Times on 217 Posts
Likes Given: 536

Default what problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
We are deep into an ammo drought. With no rain in sight.

Nationwide, only sporadic shipments of ammo here and there.

We are in dangerous times. Our freedoms are being challenged, and a firearm is no better than the healthy supply of ammo available.

Ammo, traditionally has several uses, some prevailed upon more than others, that tend to fall into these general categories.

Leisure, plinking, target shooting

Hunting

Police

Military

Militia

Gunsmithing

As a citizen of the USA, we most often fall into the first two categories, and it is the first category, that tends to burn up ammo, with nothing to show for it, except experience, and entertainment.

I highly suggest, all firearms usage, be curtailed for the next 90 days for the expressed use of experience, leisure, entertainment, and yes, male bonding. Lol

We have entered a crisis because the ammo shortages have made it difficult for police, sheriffs and citizens with militia concerns, to maintain a necessary storehouse of ammo.

I suggest every able bodied human hit your local Wal-Mart's, daily, looking for the ammo you need to refill or first fill your storehouse, and then, while you are making provisions for the present needs, and the uncertain future, not plinking it away as fast as you locate ammo.

I promise to only buy ammo for the next 90 days, and not shoot a single round needlessly, and to reassess the crisis in 90 days.

I also pledge to send the NRA one penny for every round of ammo I purchase, as a way to repay karma, luck, providence, Gods, gods, lessor gods or whoever or whatever.

Will you also join in this pledge?

Yeah, that will solve the problem.
CT