is the ammo shortage over? but prices are up? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > is the ammo shortage over? but prices are up?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2010, 07:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I have 2 right now that are in dire need to be paid off. When I pay them off I am throwing them in a bon fire.

I hate myself for paying someone else to spend my own money.

I may keep the smallest of the two as a OH shart I need a new set of tires of some emergency and that is it.
If you have self discipline, keep them (or replace if needed). The secret is getting one with cash back/reward and paying off the balance EVERY MONTH. My Chase CC pay me on average $25.00 cash reward every month and it has been going for almost 4 years.

I admit that they got me and I paid them interest (less than $500 total) when I was job hunting but the total cash reward I got from them is $1,145 as of today. I have not paid them any interest the last 15 months.

Last edited by Poink88; 09-22-2010 at 07:55 PM.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:59 PM   #12

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Yeah chase can suck my hairy white toes. Them jackholes send me a letter saying oh your rates are going up and if you don't want them to you have to cancel your card by this date I didn't get the letter till 3 weeks after the cut off. I called and they would not budge.

The bad thing is my car is through them as well. As soon as I get them both paid off I am sending them a nice letter with my card in it and telling them right where they can shove the dam thing I will even give them a nice diagram as well.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:08 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

There are other banks or CC company that offer similar deals.

Note that all credit card companies did that because of the forthcoming law forbidding lenders from increasing rates on pre-existing loans/credits.

You can get out once you paid them off...OR...stay and make them pay as I am doing.

Regarding car loans, most of the best deals I've seen are through Credit Unions. My Federal CU offers 2.9% right now (new or used). Is re-financing an option?

Last edited by Poink88; 09-22-2010 at 08:10 PM.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:24 PM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

unless they're through your church, consumer credit counseling and consolidation schemes aren't altruistic operations. they're in business to make money...at our expense.

poink88 has it...pay 'em off and avoid time payment plans. the bonuses we who pay off our cards every month are subsidized for by those that carry a balance...thanks, guys, we appreciate it.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:06 AM   #15

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

poink88 and budman46 are giving good advice. If you are going to have a credit card and not be eaten alive by the thing you do need to pay it off in full every month. sometimes this is easier said than done though. My wife and I have had a card since 1983 and have yet to pay nickel in interest. We have a card that pays us to use it like poink 88. He is very correct when he says this takes discipline ... in heaps!! Get out of debt and stay that way is my advice for what that is worth.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:20 AM   #16

Nope never again. Like I said They can all kiss my hairy white toes.

My parents have lived for 35 years without a credit card. So can I.

I figure that by all the money I save by not having them I can buy a lot more guns.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:05 AM   #17

"is the ammo shortage over? but prices are up?"

The shortage of ammo and components was never due to a lack of production, it was due to frantic buying and hoarding. All dealers got shipments the last two years but the shelves were frequently swept clean within hours. Eventually those buyers had to either spend themselves into bankruptcy or pack their garages full; either way they would eventually have to stop. It appears that's finally happening, I hope they enjoy the piles of stuff they bought at rip-off prices and smuggly said, "I got mine"!

Now that they have proven that many of us will pay any price some retailers will still try to get gouger prices. That won't change much until their shelves are sitting loaded without moving. THEN the local prices will begin to fall and continue to fall as market competition kicks in.

I am going to remember those local dealers who tried to stick it to me when they could. I found other dealers who kept prices within reason and they will have my future business too.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:35 AM   #18

Liked 747 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzball View Post
"is the ammo shortage over? but prices are up?"

The shortage of ammo and components was never due to a lack of production, it was due to frantic buying and hoarding. All dealers got shipments the last two years but the shelves were frequently swept clean within hours. Eventually those buyers had to either spend themselves into bankruptcy or pack their garages full; either way they would eventually have to stop. It appears that's finally happening, I hope they enjoy the piles of stuff they bought at rip-off prices and smuggly said, "I got mine"!

Now that they have proven that many of us will pay any price some retailers will still try to get gouger prices. That won't change much until their shelves are sitting loaded without moving. THEN the local prices will begin to fall and continue to fall as market competition kicks in.

I am going to remember those local dealers who tried to stick it to me when they could. I found other dealers who kept prices within reason and they will have my future business too.
I got mine! but, never paid outragous prices. I've had some ammo for 10 years++. Found a cheaper place for cast GC bullets, buy blemished bullets.....
Primers and powder are what are going to kill me. IMR came out, or should I say re-introduced some XBR powders that work very well and are more economical in the long term. You have got to be smarter than the "man"

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:14 AM   #19

I remember when 22lr was $9.99 a brick (1000) for winchester wildcat.

Last time I looked it was twice that for a little over half the amount of ammo how is that the same price?

But the Master has spoken so the thread should be LOCKED......

Old 09-23-2010, 11:43 AM   #20

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Wal Mart has some ammo around here. They almost always have 9mm and .40. Last week they had some m.45acp ($34.97/100 rounds) They even had some 7.62x39 for less than $5/20 and .380 for $35.97/100.

Now for the really important part....getting out of debt.

Dave Ramsey's plan is the easiest to follow and it works great. Pay the minimum on every balance except the lowest. Pay as much as possible on that one till it's paid off. Then add that payment to the minimum of the next lowest balance. Do this until they are all paid off.

[]]]]]]]]]]]]\>
"----)_'_\--(
"--------\--\
"---------\_/