Ammo Shortage Ending
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Ammo Shortage Ending

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 04:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default Ammo Shortage Ending

PAGE NINE
The Uninvited Ombudsman Report, No. 72
by Alan Korwin, Sep. 17, 2009

Ammo Shortage Ending

The lamestream media told you:

Nothing.

The Uninvited Ombudsman notes however that:

Ammo's back, stores are cutting their desperate orders for quantity, and manufacturers are starting to gag on excess inventory built up during the rush to supply demand, according to several sources and Miwall, the huge ammo wholesaler serving western state gun shows.

The good news -- prices are starting to drop too. "We're getting new pricing almost daily," the wholesaler says, and that's expected to continue into the holidays. Probably. WalMart reportedly had 100-round boxes of 9mm on the shelves for $19.95.

Marksmen, most of whom already have sizeable supplies, topped off until they are practically out of space, and their wives reportedly won't let them start storing the stuff in the kitchen. "None of us had a personal shortage," says one anonymous sportsman with a knowing grin, "it's just that we had a hard time replacing supplies or getting goods at cheap prices, so we went to the range less, and worried."

According to an unpublished study I did for a think tank, Americans buy between five and nine billion rounds of ammo a year, virtually none of which is used in crime (the shooting sports are the number 2 consumer sport in the nation, behind exercise and ahead of golf).

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-18-2009, 05:11 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

According to an unpublished study I did for a think tank,
Americans buy between five and nine billion treadmills a year, virtually none of which is used for excercise

Seriously thats good news. Hope to pick up some .45 ammo soon

Old 09-18-2009, 07:58 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

HUH??? Ammo prices have INCREASED here at Wal-Mart....still no .45acp's........

Old 09-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
HUH??? Ammo prices have INCREASED here at Wal-Mart....still no .45acp's........
Our prices at walmart haven't changed but I called 6 different stores yesterday and none of them had anything. Dick's has it but they want $50 for 100rd WWB or $20 for 50 UMC. That is twice what walmart asks for the exact same thing.

Someone PLEASE pass the eye bleach!

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #5

Default Shortages

I'm beginning to see signs of it even regarding primers. But some retailers are still trying to milk it for all its worth. Had one "salesman" at a retailer even try to convince me that Obama has appointed a new gun czar and that no reloading components would be available at all after this year and strongly advised me to buy at least 1000 of all primer sizes he had in stock at $50.00/1000.

At the same time a local range and retailer where I do some business had several sizes of primers available at 27.95/1000 or 3.19/tray - local shooters only.

I think it was only a matter of time until manufacturers Worldwide began to crank up production to cash in, and although I was not certain if primer prices would drop from some of the ridiculously high prices, it appears now that although we may never see the prices of 2 or 3 years ago, the price of primers are likely to eventually fall to at least a more realistic level.

F. Prefect

Old 09-18-2009, 02:27 PM   #6

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

GATEKEEPER, you really HAVE to remove that pic. in your post. Most people will not be able to keep their breakfast down after seeing that!!

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 09-18-2009, 03:24 PM   #7

Geezus this thread is misleading. Here I am minding my own business when I see a thread stating that I may be able to actually buy some ammo again, I scroll down only to receive a swift Norris-esque roundhouse to the eyes in the form of what looks like a stack of old flesh-tone truck tires standing on a treadmill... Gatekeeper you dirty sumbish, you owe me 78 cents worth of Corn Flakes. Maybe i'll finish reading when i regain my vision.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

Last edited by Moss99; 09-18-2009 at 03:38 PM.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss99 View Post
Geezus this thread is misleading. Here I am minding my own business when I see a thread stating that I may be able to actually buy some ammo again, I scroll down only to receive a swift Norris-esque roundhouse to the eyes in the form of what looks like a stack of old flesh-tone truck tires standing on a treadmill... Gatekeeper you dirty sumbish, you owe me 78 cents worth of Corn Flakes. Maybe i'll finish reading when i regain my vision.
Beautiful. ROFL. Maybe if you can stay away from that gawd awful image you can keep your lunch down and maybe be able to find some ammo over the weekend, which reminds me I had better go pick up my 27.95 primers as I doubt she'll hold 'em for me indefinitely.

F. Prefect

Old 09-19-2009, 07:06 PM   #9

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss99 View Post
"...a stack of old flesh-tone truck tires..." Now that's some humor right there!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-19-2009, 07:13 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Reminds me of the old "roll 'em in flour and look for the wet spot" line.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams