Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Ammo Shortage (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/ammo-shortage-82567/)

ksgunnut 01-27-2013 04:07 AM

Ammo Shortage

Talk to me about this ammo shortage! .22cal in particular, cant find it anywhere!

Redman98150 01-27-2013 04:13 AM

Find out when you local Wally World gets their ammo in and be there waiting. Picked up .22 and .223 the other day. Same prices they were in Nov.

Kai 01-27-2013 01:36 PM

My local Ganders has nothing on their shelves. Even the costlier "choot em" bulk boxes of CCI mini's are gone. The shelf looked like the milk and bread shelves prior to a big storm hehehe.

70cuda383 01-27-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai (Post 1112114)
My local Ganders has nothing on their shelves. Even the costlier "choot em" bulk boxes of CCI mini's are gone. The shelf looked like the milk and bread shelves prior to a big storm hehehe.

I thought my wal-mart had .22 the other day.

should I buy some and ship it to you? you reimburse me for cost plus shipping, and I'll do it.

KimberFan 01-27-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redman98150 (Post 1111833)
Find out when you local Wally World gets their ammo in and be there waiting. Picked up .22 and .223 the other day. Same prices they were in Nov.

This is the ticket...my local WalMart sat out a whole bunch of American Eagle .223 yesterday. They get their delivery in at night and if its a 24 hour store...put your britches on early (4am) and get down there. The manager at my store said they're putting out some small amounts each night now.;)

HOSSFLY 01-27-2013 01:45 PM

We've talked 'n talked about it-
Ride it out -----

Daoust_Nat 01-27-2013 02:05 PM

Like Kai said, the local Wally's in my area look like the milk & bread aisle before a hurricane. Last week one had 4 boxes of 50 CCI 22s, one box of .40s and about 4 boxed of .45 ACP. Plus some shotgun shells.

An LGS says he is not even being offered any and another LGS will only sell it's ammo for it's range use.

People have to be hoarding, and that cannot go on forever.

Wolfrage 01-27-2013 02:23 PM

I've got 2 walmarts within 8 miles of my house, plus another a little farther out (we don't have city water or gas where I live, but we sure have a lot of big box stores!) and last shortage I used to call every morning on my way to work to see what ammo they had in stock. If they had what I needed then I'd just swing by. if not, I'd sometimes check on the way home. Now that I work from home, it's even easier.

The hoarders will eventually run out of space to store their ammo and supplies will return to normal... but that could be a long time. Only recently was ammo back to normalish pricing and availability from the last panic.

Ever since my dad Kaboomed my M&P45c with one of his bad reloads, I've been holding off on reloading -- though I still collect brass and have my components. I'll do it again, but I still have 9mm to shoot for now (which is all I reload). That said, I still say everyone should have a basic reloading press. Just don't jump into a progressive press as your first one. :D

robocop10mm 01-27-2013 03:59 PM

Pretty much everything is in short supply. The panic is in full swing. It will settle out.

cottontop 01-27-2013 04:39 PM

That's one reason I'm glad I reload for mostly "odd ball" cartridges. No shortage for me.
CT