Ammo shortage? - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading >

Ammo shortage?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 05:30 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've been encountering similar problems in houston. The only places I can ever be sure of carrying what I need are ranges, but they are all over priced. If I really needed ammo I guess I would pay more but I have about 300 .40 and 300 9mm so for now I'm just routinely checking any wally-world I drive past, hoping and praying.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:03 PM   #42

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I know im being part of the problem, not the solution but i just bought 700 9mm from cabelas this weekend at about 12$ a box.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:12 PM   #43

Liked 1444 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
I know im being part of the problem, not the solution but i just bought 700 9mm from cabelas this weekend at about 12$ a box.
Not at all if the purchase was; needed and the price was right.

The problem is when the sheeple Ammo shortage? - Ammunition & Reloading panic buy.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-16-2009, 10:19 PM   #44

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Not at all if the purchase was; needed and the price was right.

The problem is when the sheeple Ammo shortage? - Ammunition & Reloading panic buy.
Price was definitely right. i dunno about needed though. I already had about 500 rounds at home and I was originally planning on just getting 400 rounds because I like to have a minimum of 500 at all times and then extras for target shooting which i like to do once a week and I shoot about 150 generally.

so i got a little crazy, but at least I wont have to buy any more ammo for quite a while.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:54 PM   #45

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default Save brass for reload

Juice, now that you have that new Lee press, find all that 9mm brass that you can, and re-charge them for target use. That is, IF you can get the Damn thing going

Old 03-17-2009, 02:50 AM   #46

Well here in michigan, I cant find .308, 357, or 12 gage slugs. 22s are also going fast. I hear the rumor is the govt is giving out contracts to ammo makers. They say to them that they can have their contracts if they dont sell to civilians and up the price when they do. They figure they cant take away our guns, so they will take away our ammo.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:35 PM   #47

Liked 1444 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default PMC .223 55 Grain Full Metal Jacket Boat-Tail, 20 rounds per box for $8.99

Bud's Gun Shop email;

Just arrived today, PMC .223 55 Grain Full Metal Jacket Boat-Tail, 20 rounds per box for $8.99 Heres the link to the # 1 selling .223 on the planet........
PMC 223 Remington 55 Grain Full Metal Jacket Boat-Tail for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $8.99

Also back in stock today, the Doublestar 30 Round AR15/M16 Mil-Spec Mags for $14.95. We have now sold over 1,000 of these mags with overwhelming positive customer feedback.
Heres the link to the Doublestar Mags........
Doublestar 30 Round AR15/M16 Mag for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $14.95

We started adding SPRINGFIELD to our new RESERVE ORDER option today. You are now able to lock in the current advertised Buds Price on SPRINGFIELD, KIMBER and hopefully more to come. We will be adding more SPRINGFIELD handguns and rifles this week, so please keep checking back to see if your gun(s) are available as a RESERVE ORDER.
Heres the link to the new SPRINGFIELD RESERVES we have so far......
Reserve Order Guns for Sale at BudsGunShop

The new Guns for Sale AUCTION feature has been very well received. We have already completed many successful auctions. However, please be aware that many of the auction items are also available on the website for immediate purchase. We have had multiple auctions where people are bidding more than what the same item sells for on the website. Please take your time and verify the website price and availability BEFORE you place your bids.

One example of this is the new Barska 50MM Red Dot Scopes we currently have on closeout for only $19. This scope lists for $71.50, so $19 is a great deal...but we have had customers bidding over $30 for the same scope during the auctions. Obviously we do not intend to charge anyone over $19, but please refrain from bidding over $19, just use the Buy Now option.
Here is a link to the $19 ($71.50) Barska.......
BARSKA AC10332 RED DOT 50MM RED 5MOA for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $19.00

To view our current open auctions, use this link......
Guns for Sale
With an obvious shortage of firearms, we are adding more products to the site in an effort to maintain sales. Please check out our new selection of "Buds Blades" knives here......
Outdoor and Hunting Knives for Sale

Your business is greatly appreciated.
Team Buds

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-18-2009, 01:36 AM   #48

It took me 2 months to find any of the cheap plinker .45 ammo here in Georgia. 7.62x39 is nonexistent other than the random box of Winchester SP for $20 for 20. .223 was fairly easy to get until this week. You can just about forget finding any bricks of .22lr, except for the Remington Gold bullets every now and then. I haven't seen any .38 or 9mm ammo in forever. It seems like .40 is growing on trees though. The typical hunting ammo (30-06, .270, 30-30, etc) is plentiful.

The exception for some of this is at the gun shows. You can find some 7.62x39 there, but not much and it's high as hell.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:48 AM   #49

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Here we go again!

Golly, it seems like every time we elect a Democrat, only gun dealers make money! I think this panic will be just like the one with Clinton, and is "primerily" driven by temporary hoarding. Do you have enough to reload yourself for the next few months? Then let someone else stock up, too! Personally, I can plink for a long time with what I have!

Old 03-18-2009, 03:25 AM   #50

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
I'm buying powder but having problems finding Win. primers. The shooting range where I work is also getting very low on factory ammunition. Could it be that the ammunition manufacturers are taking a lesson from the oil industry? It is all about supply and demand.
Update by Hunter Joe: It is the 17th. of March and now I can't find any brand primers here in SE Wisconsin. I'm stocking up on black powder just in case I have to go primitive on their a$$es.

Am I bugging you yet?